Caretaking and Cleaning Consultant
Our Client a leading provider in support services to schools and educational establishments within Surrey and beyond, is seeking to recruit a Caretaking and Cleaning Consultant.
This role is based in their Dorking Surrey office, but covering a geographic region within North Surrey initially although this could change with the ability to travel with own vehicle (travel expenses paid).
The Caretaking and Cleaning Consultant monitor and manage cleaning of schools and other educational establishments delivered through private sector cleaning companies.
Visiting school premises early in the morning to monitor cleaning standards, undertaking contract variations, managing contractor payments and undertaking customer care visits with school management.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Provide assistance and training on all aspects of cleaning
- Provide guidance on sources of specialist expertise e.g. relating to premises issues
- Provide short term/long term coverage to address sickness and vacancies for Caretaking
- Proactively monitor the quality of cleaning contractors and act promptly to deal with any potential performance failures
- Prepare detailed work specifications and contract documents for obtaining tenders and quotations
- Proactively measure premises and prepare or update site records and site plans
- Model effective team work with the Contractors and school site teams
- Contribute to the effective team working of the Facilities Management Team
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Maintain and build effective relations with Headteachers, Bursars, Administration Officers, Site Managers, Caretakers, Contract Managers and key client officers in Surrey County Council
- Seek and respond to customer feedback and information to develop alternative and innovative solutions
- Carry out the schedule of routine contractor meetings on site and investigate, manage and respond to any customer feedback with require forward planning.
- Ensure all phone calls and emails are returned promptly
- Carry out the planning required of the routine schedule of Contractor and on-site meetings
- Plan the administration of payment responsibilities to Contractors
- Schedule and manage the smooth execution of non-term deep cleaning programmes.
- Plan, prepare and carry out on site induction training
- Monitor and manage the day-to day operation of the Cleaning Services delivered through contractors
- Take responsibility for monitoring work undertaken by Contractors.
- Prepare technical site condition reports.
- Issue default notices and payment certificates and approve Contractor invoices.
- Monitor and review the performance of Contractors to ensure they meet the company's contract specification
- Take responsibility for measuring premises and preparing or updating site records and site plans
Early starts and attention to detail are key for this role, a cleaning or caretaking professional with an awareness of high standards and the needs of operational school buildings is essential. The ability to communicate to a range of audiences is essential.
Key Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Possess good ICT skills including Word and Excel
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Ability to confront underperformance and manage conflict resolution through mediation
- Sense of humour
- Be approachable and flexible
- Commitment to Babcock 4S values and the maintenance of high standards
- Willingness to challenge discriminatory practice
- Willingness to undertake CPD opportunities
Key Behavioural competencies:
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Take responsibility for own development
- Be positive and help others
- Be able to communicate on all levels and identify underlying issues and motives of any communication and respond appropriately
- Be able to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Be proactive
- Be reactive
- Be able to challenge and analyse situations, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Be confident and self -motivated and work persistently to exceed the requirements of the job
- Be able to prioritise work efficiently and accurately and to anticipate and respond to changing customer needs and expectations.
- Be able to promote a positive and professional image at all times
- Demonstrate the behaviours required of the company's Quality Standards for Customer Care
- Maintain and increase customer base through the continuous improvement of the SLA
- Keep abreast of national, regional and local developments/requirements to inform, guide and train
- GCSE or equivalent for English and Maths
- Good understanding of written and spoken English language
- BICSc – The British Institute of Cleaning Science
Working within a professional multi skilled and multi-disciplined school facilities services team with opportunities for career development and training for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to the email address on this job board now!
Apply for Caretaking and Cleaning Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly