Graduate to work in Events
GRADUATE TO WORK IN EVENTS
JR Personnel is an employment agency, acting on behalf of a client who is looking to recruit a graduate to work in the events industry.
You must be looking for a hands on and proactive in-house role. You will be working in a small dedicated team, assisting and supporting all areas of event organisation.
Your role will be to effectively handle client venue finding enquires, liaise and negotiate with suppliers and work to strict deadlines, developing excellent client and supplier relationships and forming an integral part of the team.
This graduate position in events will be initially on a 20 – 24 month contract commencing around mid October and depending on the business thereafter this could become permanent.
The ideal candidate will have Maths & English GCSE and a 2:1 or above in their degree.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to start a career in the events industry.
- Deal with all client enquiries
- Research & negotiate with venues
- Produce proposals, adhere to client deadlines
- Liaise with clients to secure their event
- Produce the appropriate confirmations and event final details
- Help resolve any client venue issues either pre or post the event
- Liaise with any external suppliers
- Build excellent working relationships with existing and new clients
- Gain an excellent working knowledge of the in-house software systems
- Follow all office procedures and assist in reviewing these
- Make “After Function Sales Calls”
- Maximise on any sales opportunities for repeat business or any new business
- Assist in any pre-event logistics including online registration
- General office administration where required
- Assist in the running of client events, this will involve overnight stays and possible travel abroad
- Build upon product knowledge which will include site visits to venues
- Minimum of 2 industry educational trips a year these are typically over weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive and helpful attitude
- Ability to complete priorities, achieve targets and respond quickly to changing needs and demands
- Someone who is confident, bubbly, has good attention to detail and has good analytical skills
- Organised and methodical
- Experience of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Driving licence and owner of a car
- Experience of some form of holiday jobs and travelled
- Experience of utilising databases for record keeping
Due to the number of responses generated we are unable to get back to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within seven days you will not have been successful on this occasion.
Apply for Graduate to work in Events
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly