Assistant IT Project Manager
Assistant IT PM
My client a leading energy provider is looking to engage a Junior PM to join them at their Sunderland location on an initial 6-month contract. You will be joining the exciting area of Renewable Energy with a great team on hand helping to implement a network technology refresh project, both WAN and LAN. You will be assisting with delivering the technology platform improvements, which in turn assists the renewables area of the business to efficiently build and manage both onshore and offshore wind farms.
- Assisting the Project Manager with work on multiple simultaneous projects (Desktop Migrations, infrastructure based and implementation projects.)
- Work with all areas of the business, including the Head of Business Improvement, Programme Manager, Project Manager and support teams, whilst remaining objective regarding their responsibilities.
- Collaborate with all project stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Ensuring project objectives are agreed with Business and IT stakeholders.
- Helping to organise the various teams and departments working on a project.
- Developing project/stage plans as required for each project and ensuring that they are shared with all members of the project team.
- Assisting with risk assessments.
- Ensuring representatives from the project team are present for all project meetings.
- Ensuring all project documentation is completed.
- Identify and allocate appropriate resources to ensure projects are successful.
- Liaising with project team members in order to obtain updates.
- Providing regular updates on project progress to all stakeholders and senior management.
- Perform post-project reviews and report to IT management.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- 2 years' experience of supporting projects with a commercial focus;
- Working with diverse sets of stakeholders to agree solutions that meet a range of business demands
- Experience of working with multi-location teams;
- Proven working experience in liaising with Senior Management (verbal and written)
- Experience in multi-tasking, working on your own initiative to deliver tasks on time and budget.
- Prince2 or equivalent.
- The ability to undertake work with minimal oversight.
- Be able to co-ordinate multiple work streams with a number of different teams of people
- An appreciation of enterprise technologies in general.
- RAID management.
- Stakeholder management.
- Agreeing on standards and driving compliance;
- Experience within the energy industry or large infrastructure projects preferable;
- An ability to work well under pressure.
- An ability to organise themselves well whilst managing multiple projects.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to present to a wide range of audiences.
- Team-working skills.
- Management and leadership skills alongside an ability to motivate others.
- Analytical ability.
We have been working with our client for ten years and supporting their award-winning approach to diversity and inclusion. Awards include The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, the Gender European Equality Standard 2016, Stonewall Equality Index Top 100 Employers, NatWest LGBT Business Award, BITC - Best Employers for Race and the National Equality Standard. Together we believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is a vital component in shaping a strong, fresh-thinking organisation, where the workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers that they serve
As part of our process, every endeavour is made to promote and accommodate flexible working and we would welcome applications from those meeting the skills and attributes required.
If you meet the skills and attributes required, please outline any flexible working requirements with your application.
I can be contacted on or where we can talk further or simply apply via the website.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.