Assistant Investment Accountant
ReAssure are looking to recruit a dedicated Assistant Investment Accountant to join the team within the finance function. If successful with this position you will be based in Telford on a fixed term contract basis. This vacancy represents an opportunity to join one of Telford's largest employers, within an ever-changing environment where you will discover the potential to perform and grow.
In this role as Assistant Investment Accountant, you will be responsible for the oversight of external fund administrator and custodian services to provide accurate financial records on behalf of ReAssure and Policyholders (C. GBP22b client funds). Ensure delivery of services in line with agreed SLA's. Working closely with Actuarial, Asset Management and group reporting. To ensure you validate SLA's are achieved and you challenge issues effectively and you resolve within agreed timescales. Providing first line defence to prevent/remediate material pricing errors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Validation of daily/monthly Net Asset Value (NAV) and pricing files provided by third party, investigating movements against agreed market models/sources, root cause review and management of remediation.
- Review reconciliation and monitor/oversight of key accounts including key custodian and tax accounts.
- Ensure Investment accounting records are accurate and assets and liabilities reflect correct position on behalf of Reassure and its policyholders.
- Direct engagement with internal/external supplier or functional senior leads.
- Production of stakeholder MI including committee and executive MI.
- Process accurate trades received from third parties and raise trades required for any funds with direct relationships with unit trust fund managers.
- Calculation of creations and processing on each fund, providing information to Fund Managers, Actuarial and other third parties using agreed templates and timescales.
- Support complex change activities across both internal and external stakeholder reflecting both operational improvements and migration support.
Key skills/experience required:
- At least 5 years' experience in a finance department (or relevant qualification)
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders as appropriate to role
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and co-ordinating others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates appropriate prioritisation skills
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge to improve processes.
- Computer literate and competent with all required operating systems and Microsoft Office products
This position has been identified as a role falling under the Senior Managers & Certification Regime. As a result of this, in addition to standard assessment and interview processes, fitness & propriety will be assessed throughout your recruitment process. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to completed pre-employment screening checks as part of your on-boarding which is part of our standard recruitment process, but also supports the requirements set out in the SM&CR. The key responsibilities under SM&CR of your role will be outlined in the job description.
Originally founded in 1963, ReAssure is a life and pensions company which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Built on a 2000-strong team with a wide range of skills and experience, there's one constant running through the ReAssure business - 'Change'. Join us and you'll have opportunity to drive our growth and progress through your own success.
ReAssure is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to establishing a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age