Finance / Admin Assistant
£18 - 19k pro rata
(Part-time approx 21 hrs per week) (Depending on experience)
Cambridgeshire Community Foundation is a registered charity looking to recruit an experienced Administration Assistant to join our passionate and dedicated team. Located in Cambridge, we cover Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and are part of worldwide network of Community Foundations working to improve lives and communities in their local areas.
This vacancy offers an exciting opportunity for the post holder to facilitate the efficient operation of the organisation and support the development of a growing team connecting people who care with local causes that matter.
As Finance/ Administration Assistant, you will support all departments within the company with a wide range of admin duties. Duties may include but are not limited to; processing invoices and donations, sending remittances, inputting data, managing files and data, managing supplies, maintaining spreadsheets, producing mailings, answering the telephone and liaising with our landlords.
- Provide front of office support to the Foundation – greeting and managing visitors, security passes, meetings rooms, minute-taking and booking catering/ refreshments
- Assist the finance manager in day-to-day book keeping – bank reconciliations, reports, banking, updating finance systems, processing Gift Aid claims
- Be responsible for the day to day office upkeep, including filing, stationery supplies, IT backup, managing maintenance etc.
- Provide grants administration support including processing applications, document checking and uploading, visitor DBS checks, maintaining databases
- Support for Business functions such as policy review, Board of Trustee and committee meeting co-ordination and support and regulatory body registration.
- Mailing and distribution of our quarterly magazine and invitations plus assistance at ad hoc special events
The successful candidate will have:
- Office admin experience
- Proven high level attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written (spelling and grammar) and oral communication skills and confident numeracy skills
- Proven book-keeping experience - Experience of sage/ Excel/ Quickbooks/ Xero
- Ability to manage workload, prioritise and meet reporting requirements
- Experience of widely used office software online apps (such as doodlepoll, googledrive, eventbrite) and use of social media
- Professional, flexible attitude - an intuitive and pro-active team player
- Some travel to meetings is required as are occasional evening meetings and events.
The successful Finance/Admin Assistant will be an enthusiastic and driven individual who can take the initiative as well as follow prescribed processes. Flexibility and teamwork are key to succeeding in this lively and aspirational environment.
Please send your CV and cover letter by clicking apply
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Apply for Finance / Admin Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly