Graduate Content Assistant
Graduate Content Assistant
Location: Media Analytics Ltd, Suite C, Kingsmead House, Oxpens Road, Oxford OX1 1XX
Salary: GBP25,000, with a 6-month probationary period
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Global Water Intelligence is looking for an exceptionally talented graduate to help develop our water community's initiative. The objective of this initiative is to create compelling face-to-face events websites, and newsletters targeting specific niches within the international water sector. This is a full-time position based at our Oxford office, and it involves working as part of our content team to identify and satisfy the information and communication needs of different groups of professionals around the world who contribute to our global water sustainability.
Day-to-day activities will involve planning events and editorial content, contacting speakers and interviewing sources to create this content, and working with our event producers and editors to deliver it to the highest standard of quality.
To do the job well you will need the following skills:
- Intelligence and creativity: We are looking for people who can understand complex new subjects quickly and see where the dynamics are leading.
- Flexibility: This is a fast-growing business that is continuously breaking new ground. It means that jobs can change quite quickly, and you need to be excited by that.
- Social confidence: Every content business is ultimately dependent on people with social skills to open doors, pick up the phone, start conversations and listen.
- Writing ability: Nobody has time to read these days, so the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely is becoming more important than ever.
- Organisation: Running events is about getting the right people in the right place to talk about the right things at the right time.
If you are a recent graduate with strong academic credentials and you feel you have these skills, we would love to hear from you.
About Global Water Intelligence:
Global Water Intelligence (GWI) is an ambitious young company with around 60 employees spread between Oxford, Austin (Texas) and Shanghai. It is both a publisher and an events producer, although as this position suggests the two sides of the business increasingly overlap. It has a unique corporate culture which can be summed up as follows:
- We are global: Our market is totally international and we need to reflect that. We travel a lot and around 40% of our staff don't come from the UK.
- We work for each other: We do work hard, but not out of fear or greed. It is because we care for each other and it lightens the load of everyone if we all pull together.
- We balance the commercial with the idealistic: We are passionately committed to addressing the world's water challenges, but we can only do what we do because we are a profitable business.
GWI employees are enrolled on a company pension plan, and receive a holiday allowance of 25 days per year. The successful candidate will be sent to relevant training courses and conferences that help them to develop within their role, and there is also opportunity for travel.
How to apply:
Please click on "APPLY" with a CV and a covering letter explaining in no more than 150 words why you are applying for the job and what you think you can contribute to us that would make a real difference.
We will discard the applications which do not come with covering letters. The closing date for applications is 10 July 2019.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to offer feedback on any applications not carried through to the interview stage.
No agencies please.