Policy Officer / Committee Officer / Committee Administrator
Job Title: Policy Officer
Location: Kempston, Bedford
Salary: £32,000 p. pro rata
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 5th August 2019
The Company is the professional association for more than 7,500 qualified Chartered Legal Executive Lawyers and 12,500 paralegal and other legal practitioners in England and Wales. It is an Ofqual awarding body, and an Approved Regulator under the Legal Services Act 2007.
They protect and promote the public and consumer interests. Their regulatory framework is outcomes focused and for the benefit of the consumer.
An opportunity has arisen to work with their small and friendly Authorisation and Supervision team. Working with the Director of Authorisation and Supervision and Entity and Client Protection Manager, you will be responsible for providing policy support.
You will be responsible for monitoring publications impacting on the legal sector and undertaking policy work to support the Director of Authorisation and Supervision and Entity and Client Protection Manager including drafting briefing papers and consultation responses, you may be required to attend relevant conferences and other events as well as submissions to relevant stakeholders to further the aims of the organisation
Knowledge and/or experience of legal practice and/or financial services is desirable.
- Undertake or commission policy research relating to their rules and regulations that govern how they regulate individuals and firms. Research obtained will then form part of their application for rule changes to organisations such as the Legal Services Board or Financial Conduct Authority
- Carry out, and respond of behalf of the company to, consultations with internal and external stakeholders, responses will be published publicly showing CRL's views on particular topics
- Gather and analyse data and information to help inform the Senior Management Teams decision making and to contribute to specific parts of consultations and applications for rule changes
- Monitoring publications and webpages impacting on the legal sector to identify risks, decisions that affect their approach to regulation and changes in approach by other regulators that may affect their overall competitiveness
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience working within a policy role
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the legal profession, legal services OR demonstrate knowledge of a similar technical and regulated environment. Knowledge of financial services would be an advantage
- Good research skills with analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written; able to be both concise and accurate
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective professional internal and external relationships
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to take responsibility for meeting tight deadlines and own workload
- Experience of working effectively and efficiently both individually and within a team
- Sound administrative skills with strong IT skills with a high level of expertise in Microsoft and associated packages
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Committee Support Officer, Personal Assistant, Executive Assistant, Executive Administrator, Administrator, Admin, Office Administrator, Administrator Assistant Office Admin, PA, Secretary, Assistant, Office Manager, Office Administrator, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administration Clerk, Admin, Business Administrator, Secretary, Support Administrator, Business Support, Executive Assistant, Office Assistant may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Policy Officer / Committee Officer / Committee Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly