Sales Consultant - Revenue Management & Assortment
Sales Consultant - Revenue Management & Assortment - 40789
Client Services and Sales - Great Britain Oxford, Oxfordshire
Sales Consultant - Revenue Management & Assortment - Oxford, United Kingdom (Flexible within the UK)
ABOUT THIS JOB
Sales Consultant - Revenue Management / Assortment will work with Client Service teams to be the Sales expert in front of clients. Key tasks include ensuring that the client gets value from the solution. Ensuring business needs are covered and that our delivery teams are delivering against the client needs. As an expert in the solutions, your role will also be to drive awareness and develop sales opportunities through our Client Services team. Along with 2 other's, you will be a part of the Sales Effectiveness (SEFF) team that plays a pivotal role in helping clients answer their key business questions to improve performance, this team also works across the Nielsen client base, as well as with new clients, on both an ongoing or on a project-by-project basis to identify opportunities and help clients optimise their performance.
In the role you will focus on 3 main tasks:
1. Retention of existing Nielsen customers in the areas of Revenue Management and Assortment and ensuring they get value for the services they have purchased and wish to repeat and expand their partnerships with Nielsen in this area - KEEP, GROW - with manufacturers.
2. Working with client service to drive penetration in existing Nielsen clients who do not buy into these Revenue Management / Assortment services and persuading them to move to Nielsen in this area. GROW, WIN - with manufacturers and retailers
3. Actively seek out new opportunities personally, be that with new contacts in existing Nielsen clients or with non-Nielsen FMCG clients or in other non-FMCG vertical clients. In particular, expand service into retailers - WIN with manufacturers and retailers
- Maintain and build close relationships with clients, turning relationships from ad-hoc projects into ongoing contracts
- Identify business needs at the client and perform client briefings and upsell to clients with additional opportunities
- Work with our analytics team to ensure delivery is within agreed client timelines and ensure that the client's needs are met throughout the process and in final delivery
- Develop best practise sales decks using the new enterprise selling process and prepare proposal decks, Proposing a story, insights and recommendations in line with client business goals
- Accurate forecasting and building of the financial pipeline and hitting commercial targets for your area ensuring accurate co-operation with delivery teams (analytics)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are a person that enjoys helping the clients choose the correct price for their products, promote their products in a way that resonates best with the shopper and market them in the most cost-effective way. Also, ensuring that the range instore delivers in the best way for both the manufacturer and the retailer. Critically, you will be helping the clients to take the correct decisions on their key commercial levers and get a better return on investment. You enjoy working with a mix of data-led models, software solutions and consultancy to ensure the clients get the result they need.
- Some knowledge of client issues in the areas of revenue management and/or category management/range and space
- A passion for clients and client needs and a passion for solution selling - understanding needs, talking outcomes not capabilities, developing relationships and ensuring the client gets value from the investment
- Commercial acumen with good Negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems in a highly client-focused fashion
- Self-starter who can develop sales leads as well as build through Nielsen partners and the ability to create and manage client relationships well
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of 3 person sales team for the area and as part of 5 people SEFF sales team - as we all need to spot and generate leads for each other
- Relevant commercial experience and a university degree or equivalent work experience
We're in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we're measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what's happening now and what's coming next for our clients. Today's data is tomorrow's marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That's why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We're bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what's next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oxford , Oxfordshire
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time