Post: Scheme Co-ordinators
Salary: £19,554 - £21,166
Substantive & Temporary: 37 hours
Location: Kirklees, Huddersfield
Closing date for applications: Thursday 15th August 2019
Do you have a friendly and welcoming attitude, enjoy working with people and want to work for a forward thinking organisation? – Do you want a rewarding career in an interesting service? - If so this could be the job for you
About KNH Kirklees
Neighbourhood Housing (KNH) is responsible for almost 23,000 homes across Kirklees. Working with our communities it is our vision to provide, ‘Quality Homes and Services in successful communities’. We take our vision seriously and work hard to achieve this.
In late 2016, KNH merged with Building Services from Kirklees Council which grew the organisation significantly. We now employ over 850 staff across six sites with a variety of roles which directly serve our customers and communities. Since the merger we have been through a process of business transformation and have reshaped our structures and services.
To enable us to achieve our vision and to ensure our tenants receive the best possible service, we are seeking peripatetic scheme coordinator’s to work across our Retirement Living Schemes within Kirklees. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of an established team to encourage the independence of tenants within the Retirement Living Schemes.
As a scheme co-ordinator you will:
• Provide advice and assistance to tenants on matters which will maintain or increase their independence e.g. applying for benefits and managing household budgets
• Facilitate leisure and social activities within the scheme
• Sign post to and liaise with support agencies
• Carry out regular health and safety checks of the building, for example testing the fire alarm To do this role you will need:
• A knowledge and understanding of the needs of older people
• The ability to encourage and support the independence of older people
• An understanding of early intervention and prevention to address tenant needs
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• The ability to work on your own initiative and as a team member
• The ability to cope with a range of challenging situations and be resilient to the pressures of the role
In addition to joining a great team, you will receive the following:
- A competitive salary of between £19,554 - £21,166
- Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, including Life Assurance.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 27.5 days annual leave, increasing to 32.5 days with continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working
- Access to a range of well-being support initiatives including but not limited to: an Employee Assistance programme, Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle assessments, Cycle to Work programme and discounted KAL gym membership.
- Appropriate mileage rates paid for work related car use
If you would like to find out more about becoming a Scheme Co-ordinator please come along to our drop in session at Perseverance House, St Andrews Road, Huddersfield, on Wednesday 24th July 2019 between 3:30pm and 6:00pm. The Team Leaders for the Older People Support service and staff from our Human Resources Department will be on hand to talk to you about the role and help you with any questions you may have.
KNH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As an organisation we are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and welcome applications from all sections of the community. An enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check will be required for this post. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Click apply below for further information and to download an application pack.