2 days left
- Part Time
8 Home Responders
Would you like to work for one of the leading providers of Emergency Home Response? Due to expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen within our Progress Lifeline Team providing a Home Response service in the Greater Manchester area. We are currently recruiting for 8 Home Responders to provide support to Progress Lifeline customers.
Progress Lifeline is a 24-hour response service enabling older, disabled and vulnerable people to live independently within the community.
Duties & Responsibilities (not limited to):
As an Emergency Home Responder, you will be part of a team providing round the clock support and assistance to customers within their own homes and those living in Independent living schemes. Duties will include:
- Visiting vulnerable and older people
- Responding to alarm activations/emergency calls
- Providing immediate support to customers following an activation of the Lifeline alarm
- Evaluating and assessing situations, and contacting emergency services as required
- Providing a lifting service to customers who have fallen and have been assessed as uninjured.**(if available in the area)
- Maintaining people’s dignity in emergency situations
Experience, Skills & qualities
No formal experience is needed for this role as full training will be given. Our Emergency Home Responders come from all walks of life and include former members of The Emergency Services, NHS and Armed Forces as well as people with backgrounds in, Security, Care, Customer Services, Teaching, Driving and retail.
You will have/be:
- Compassionate and Caring with a strong desire to support vulnerable clients
- Reliable, determined and hard working
- Able to commit to a Rota for day and night cover
- Excellent IT skills
- Technical competency to use devices such as i-pad or smart phones.
- The ability to follow documented policies and procedures
- The ability to communicate effectively with family members, general practitioners and emergency services
- Have confidence to stay calm and deal with emergency situations, including customers requiring hospital treatment, deceased customers and customers living with various medical conditions including Dementia.
We are looking for 8 responders to work day shifts between the hours of 6am to 6pm or evening shifts between the hours of 6pm to 6am. You will be required to work 1 week out of 4 however there is the opportunity to increase this to 2 weeks out of 4. This is to be discussed at interview.
You will be based at home and on receipt of a call from our control centre you would proceed to the customer’s address. Due to timed attendance targets, applicants must reside in the geographical area of Greater Manchester.
Salary: £21.50 for each 12 hr standby shift + £13.37 call out rate for the first 90 minutes with additional pro rata payments of £9.80 for time over 90 minutes..
All essential training and equipment will be provided prior to shifts commencing. This position is not expected to act in place of medical or emergency services. Access to a car is essential for work purposes throughout your shift for which a mileage allowance is payable.
Progress Housing Group are committed to offering opportunities to all people, promoting diverse and inclusive communities in the workplace and through everything we do. To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please head to our website to view the job description and person specification
Progress Lifeline has been delivering personal alarm and telecare services for over 28 years. We are committed to helping people to stay in their own homes by offering independent living solutions and a 24/7 response service which gives customers and their families peace of mind. We are part of the ambitious, financially strong and growing Progress Housing Group, which also manages nearly 11,000 homes. At Progress Housing Group we consider ourselves unique in the sector because we make a difference to people’s lives in so many ways.
Application Closing Date: Thursday 23rd July 2019