General Manager - Restaurant
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Harrogate HG2 8NZ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 operational days of the week as required
Who are they?
The Company celebrates and sells the best food and drink in Yorkshire and is now proud to have over 430 Yorkshire suppliers; a strong customer base and have won a raft of awards along the way.
They are exceptionally proud of their strong customer relationships and friendly atmosphere where the focus is on delicious, fresh seasonal food. With an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team, it's the perfect place to indulge in a delicious meal and buy meat from their well-stocked butchery, select cheese from their deli and everything else from their busy shop.
Who are you?
As the General Manager you will be at the front of the business, leading and inspiring a passionate team of individuals. Training and development is key and along with understanding and promoting their products and suppliers you will be thinking on your feet, implementing new ideas and ensuring customer service is at the heart of everything they do.
You will be a people person and as confident in your influencing style as your ability to innovate and manage successful change.
Develop the Business
- To fully understand the business priorities and create, agree and deliver a strategic plan to grow the business and services whilst improving standards
- Develop and deliver great results in all elements of the business - shop, deli, café and takeaway
- To be commercially astute, ensuring opportunities are explored and delivered consistently
- Achieve financial and quality targets
- Be an ambassador for the company
- Actively monitor the business performance
Leadership of the team
- Lead, motivate and inspire the multi-departmental team and create a 'one team' ethos
- Work with the team to ensure each department succeeds operationally and financially
- Embed quality in the heart of everything they do
- Work closely with the Marketing team to grow sales
- Be the lead for health and safety, food safety and legislation within the company
- Review current processes and improve as required to reduce complexity, ensuring consistent delivery
- Review the products/menu/margins
- Introduce a structured approach to improving existing products across both retail and catering - being aware of benchmarks and competitive sets
- Oversee maintenance of the building and equipment - negotiating good deals and implementing new systems/equipment
- Innovate and embrace trends to keep them at the forefront of food retail and service
- Ideally would have prior experience as a General Manager in a Catering and/or retail environment
- Experienced people manager, with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead the team with enthusiasm, passion and tenacity
- Practical, calm and full of common-sense
- Have the business acumen to analyse data and take action
- Will be hands on, and have a "can do" attitude, a leader who leads by example
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Have an amazing eye for detail and won't compromise on standards
- A proven track record of successfully managing large teams
- Skilled at time management, able to juggle different priorities and thrive under pressure
- A self-starter, who can set an exciting pace to develop the business opportunities
- Able to deliver excellence and energy, every day
- Take pride in setting and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety
- Consistent approach and ensure that what they do and offer is done consistently well
- Lead success by modelling their values every day
- An active member of their Heads of Department team across the Showground, working together to make a positive difference
- Strong food and drink knowledge - would be advantageous
- Ability to cut through the noise and find the answer
- Ability to delegate and teach the art of delegation
- Competitive salary
- 34 days holiday including bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Company discount
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Guest Experience Manager, Guest Relations Manager, Catering Supervisor, Food Services Manager, Catering Assistant Manager, Serving Assistant Manager, Serving Manager, Kitchen Supervisor, Food Services Assistant Manager, Assistant Manager, Bar Manager, Catering Manager, Deputy Manager, Restaurant Manager, Assistant Catering Manager, Catering Deputy Manager, Deputy Food Services Manager, Deputy Operations Manager, Operations Assistant Manager, Deputy General Manager, Deputy Hotel Manager will also be considered for this role.