Trainee Live Reporter - Stoke-on-TrentLive
StokeonTrentLive is the largest media and publishing business in Staffordshire - a highly successful and fast-growing news, sport and entertainment website which complements the much-loved Sentinel newspaper.
We are looking to recruit a talented Trainee Live News Reporter with bags of energy and enthusiasm.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the largest Reach PLC newsrooms - brimming with award-winning, passionate journalists.
You must be able to deliver compelling content that engages with our audience across a wide range of platforms, 24/7.
The successful candidate will have first class digital and social media skills and be a terrific communicator - able to bring to life the content that matters to our audience.
We are Reach because that is what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Telling stories through pictures, video, audio, live blogs and other interactive digital storytelling tools, using innovative techniques that grow audiences and engagement
- Taking a 'right first-time' approach to all content and have a pedantic attitude to accuracy
- Identifying breaking news by utilising social media as a way to quickly establish further factual information that will support stories
- Using a range of digital formats that will enhance coverage and increase brand visibility
- Providing live coverage of news and events for live blogs and breaking news as required
- Writing content responsively, driven by analytics to deliver on audience trends
- Taking responsibility for a content theme such as a geographic area, campaign or other area of interest, as directed
- Effectively build strong contacts for story-gathering in local communities
The Ideal Candidate
- You'll possess a NCTJ-accredited Journalism qualification
- Understanding of digital publishing including SEO
- Solid understanding of social media and comfortable using social publishing tools.
- Up-to-date legal and IPSO code knowledge
- Full driving licence is essential.
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at