Public Sector Policy Officer Apprenticeship Assessor - Greater London
Exciting opportunity to join a leading learning and development provider delivering Apprenticeships across some of the most notable and prestigious schemes in the UK.
Parkhouse Bell are delighted to be supporting our client, a leading national training provider to appoint for a Policy Officer Apprenticeship Assessor to work across Greater London.
This role is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis, where you will be remote based, supporting learners in the workplace and remotely across the wider region.
The primary purpose of this role is to play a lead role in supporting and guiding learners, working towards and completing a new Apprenticeship Standard in Policy Creation and Implementation, through every stage of the learning journey
Other responsibilities will include:
- Assess learner's needs, resulting in the formation of individual learning plans (ILPs)
- Deliver high quality and innovative learning and development workshops to learners on an individual and small group basis
- With colleagues, design and plan practical and creative training sessions
- Provide specialist support to learners to develop their Functional Skills in Mathematics, English, and IT
- Support, mentor and coach learners to encourage timely completion of goals
- Deliver support and learning through a combination of methods, including face to face visits, email, Skype and webinars
- Input learner progress onto an e-portfolio system
The ideal candidate will possess prior vocational experience working in the public sector in a policy officer or similar capacity, involved in the creation and implementation of policy. Candidates will have had experience and responsibility for engaging and interacting with government policy and training and coaching skills within procurement. It would be advantageous but not essential if you hold training, teaching or assessing qualifications.
In return you will be offered:
- a starting salary up to GBP34,000pa (depending on skills and experience)
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company matched pension scheme
- Selection of voluntary benefit options including life assurance, share scheme, holiday purchase, retail and health and wellbeing discounts.