Are you passionate about preparing tasty dishes using seasonal and local produce? Would you like to escape working late nights and split shifts? We're looking for a Commis Chef to join our team at Knole
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for their first role into the career as a Chef, where development opportunities will be on offer. OR it could be suitable for someone who has experience and would like to develop their existing skill set.
The Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working 5 days over 7. Includes weekend working. Day shifts only (No Evenings & No Split Shifts)
The Salary: GBP8.72 per hour
Duration: Permanent Vacancy
What it's like to work here
This outstanding property offers a great setting to work within. With the change of seasons come a variety of events and themes so you will always find there is something new to be involved in and to share with customers. Working here you will truly feel that you are part of an inspired team who work together to ensure that our special places last forever.
What you'll be doing
With your love of food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you'll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. You'll always be looking to maximise income opportunities by minimising waste and controlling costs and resources. With your attention to detail you'll ensure each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
To make this happen we need to ensure our kitchens are presented to the highest standard and are compliant with all relevant legislation around food hygiene and COSHH. You will work effectively with the team to deliver great results. You may also be required, on occasions to supervise volunteers.
Who we're looking for
You need to be;
- Passionate about food
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- A good team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
- Experience of working in a fast paced, catering environment
- A track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Practical experience of delivering catering best practice
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements including any qualifications
Benefits for working for The National Trust;
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust Shops & National Trust Cafes
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (Under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% of basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering per year
How To Apply
Closing Date: 17 th July 2019.
We only accept on-line applications. If you require reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the Recruitment Team on
Short listing is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details on our website. If you are short listed, you be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
We will also tell you if you need you to do anything else such as a skills test, presentation or a property visit.