Credit Risk Analyst
We are delighted to offer a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company within Financial Services. Our client is a peer-to-peer lender and are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join their growing Analytics team, adding more brainpower to help them grow faster.
As a Credit Risk Analyst, you will work closely with the Data Scientist team, who will help you expand your knowledge and experience as an analyst and the Head of Risk each of whom are passionate about data.
If you enjoy working in a vibrant organisation and are truly customer-focussed but want something different than the usual Retail Banking environment, then this is an opportunity for you
- Responsible for providing analysis and insight into the Credit Risk profile and maintaining robust reporting suite;
- Generation of key management information to support business direction and ensure Risk Appetite objectives are met;
- Produce periodic Reporting and Management Information in a timely and accurate manner;
- Investigate and resolve a broad range of data quality issues, collaborating with our development team and external parties where
- Use statistical analysis and modelling techniques to understand along with commercial acumen to interpret results and produce actionable recommendations.
Skills & Experiences Required
- A graduate with a degree or higher in a numeric discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Economics);
- Ability to interpret complex data and apply numerical techniques is key, and familiarity with statistical methods is expected;
- A love for data and knowledge of how to manipulate it with different tools such as SAS, SQL, PHP, Python or R;
- A genuine interest in start-ups and the tech industry;
- Ability to work on their own initiative, identifying areas of focus, with prioritisation of own workload is necessary.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present data to non-technical audience;
- Good interpersonal skills - able to work as part of a team and employ initiative.