Job title: Investment Associates
Hours: Full time
Salary: £80,000 to £90,000 gross per annum plus discretionary bonus
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday
Contract type: Permanent
Employer: Astorg UK Branch
Description of roles
- Pan-European upper-mid-market fund with over €8bn AUM
- Astorg has raised six funds and recently closed Astorg VII at €4bn hard cap following a 3 month fundraise, which was significantly oversubscribed.
- Astorg has generated a 27% gross IRR with a minimal loss rate of less than 1% of all capital
- Offices are located in London, Paris, Luxembourg and as of more recently - Milan and Frankfurt.
- The teams are small and integrated; the London office is an international team of 12 Investment Professionals with a diverse mix of backgrounds and nationalities.
- Astorg portfolio companies show an ability to generate and sustain high operating margins and are typically market leaders in Business Services, Industrials, Healthcare and Software sectors. Key metrics for potential investments, include:
- B2B niche market leaders
- With global presence and sales
- With differentiated products and services, high barriers to entry and strong growth potential
- Invest in mid-size companies with EV from €200m and over €2bn
- Cheque sizes range from €70m-1bn given co-investments capacity from their international investors
The role will involve the following key responsibilities/duties: deal origination, transaction execution and portfolio management
- Developing an understanding of a business and its market, competitive position, strategy, differentiation, pricing power and financial profile
- Working with experts and/or conducting interviews with players in the market, clients, competitors and consultants
- Hiring commercial advisors to validate a thesis ahead of any decision regarding whether to pursue a deal or not, whether to pre-empt, participate in a process or pass.
- Preparing financial and valuation analysis and models helping in evaluation of investment opportunities
- Preparing internal approval documentation, including materials for Astorg’s Investment Committee
Requirements for the roles
The successful candidate must possess all of the following attributes, qualifications and experiences:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a leading institution
- Experience in the fields of Private Equity investing, M&A transaction advisory or strategic management consulting with market-leading international institutions
- Strong business judgement
- Analytical capabilities
- Outstanding numerical literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Technical skills with tools such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint (mandatory) as well as specialist financial tools (including databases and other IT platforms, desirable)
It would additionally be desirable for candidates to have the following skills/experiences:
- Specific language skills
- M&A advisory or strategic consulting experience in a certain sector (e.g. Technology or Healthcare)
- Strong professional networks to allow candidates to help find investment opportunities
To apply: please submit your CV directly through the online portal.
Date posted: 5 July 2019
Closing date: 2 August 2019