WE'RE GOING PLACES???.
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our E-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world's leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS???
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented data analyst to join our Global Fraud and Payments team.
As Payments Analyst, you will be responsible for payments monitoring and analysis across all Business channels and helping to ensure any issues or commercial opportunities are identified at the earliest opportunity.
You will play a key role in maximising sales and profit, and in developing and delivering an international multi-channel payment strategy through project involvement and working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
This role is a great opportunity for a passionate individual with a background or keen interest in consumer payments to join a fast-growing and fast-paced multi-channel Retail business and make a difference where it really matters - for our Customers!
- Develop effective payments reporting and analytical capabilities through innovative use of data and tools
- Understand consumer behaviour by channel and market and generate actionable insight
- Monitor payment method performance - including authorisation and conversion rates - across all Business channels
- Investigate payment issues, perform analysis and use strong problem-solving skills and technical knowledge to resolve issues and recommend remedying solutions
- Proactively identify ways to increase Customer conversion and sales through existing payment methods and processes and by proposing new functionality
- Deliver and measure trials to optimise sales performance and support the testing and implementation of new Business initiatives
- Act as subject matter expert for payments insights and analysis
- Provide regular and adhoc Management Information on payment performance, including current issues and initiatives, risks and opportunities
- Articulate the data and analytical needs of the Business into formal requirements
- Work with and engage key Business partners and stakeholders to promote the payments strategy
- Work with Payment providers to leverage their knowledge and experience and deliver innovation and effective solutions to the Business
Typical working hours will be Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30 or 10:00-18:30. Due to the nature of the role, a flexible approach is required to support Business needs.
WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING??? and we know exactly what experience we're looking for!
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Advanced data analysis and Excel skills, including a working knowledge of SQL and VBA
- Confidence using reporting tools to analyse data and identify commercial opportunities
- An ability to spot trends, identify patterns and draw conclusions
- An ability to present data in a simple and impactful manner using visual data presentation skills where appropriate
- An ability to translate data into actionable Business insights for different levels of audience
- Be technically-minded with strong problem-solving/ critical thinking skills to deliver a solution-oriented approach
- High attention to detail, accuracy and data integrity
- Previous experience working in a consumer-facing (B2C) environment for an E-Commerce/ multi-channel Merchant
- Be focused on Customer experience
- An understanding of the global online payment market and the risk and benefits associated with different payment methods
- An understanding of PSD2 and SCA as per Card Scheme requirements and the impact on Customer behaviour and conversion in certain markets
- Have a keen interest and maintain up to date knowledge of the latest payment trends and technologies
- Be highly organised, with an ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work well independently, as well as when interacting with others or as part of a team
N.B. Successful candidates will be vetted
IT NEVER GETS BORING???
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers' needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It's not all work and no play here either???we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER???and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% staff discount
- Pension scheme
- On-site gym
- On-site staff shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking
- RI Perks at Work