Support Worker - St.Albans
Support Worker - St.Albans
£17,124 pa plus excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
28 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
We are looking for a positive, fun and caring Support Worker to work within our St Albans supported living service where we support four gentlemen with a learning disability.
This is a permanent opportunity and we have both full-time and part-time positions available.
So what does the St Albans Mencap service look like?
This is a really friendly service and the four gentlemen within this service have a lot of different interests that we support them with. This could mean a trip to the pub, the gentlemen within this service love a pint and like to watch the football, and maybe even have a game of pool through to gardening, reading and helping to cook their favourite meal!
We have varied support needs within this service and you will be providing support with friendships and relationships, happiness, accessing the community, support with finances, budgeting, medication and general health. It's important that you are comfortable with providing personal care too.
Interested in carrying on the conversation?
As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we want to hear from you. This role has a unique set of challenges, but our award winning (paid!) training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can be, whether you have lots of experience or are just starting out in your career.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, You may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings and evenings. The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you’ll have your own commitments and we will try to factor this into our rotas.
This position is based in St Albans, Hertfordshire. A Driving License would be desirable for this post, but is not essential.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
SOU1 Job ID 17451
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract