Tenancy Sustainment Officer
Tenancy Sustainment Officer
We are currently recruiting for a Tenancy Sustainment Officer for a client based in Bodmin. This is a fixed term contract for an experienced Tenancy Sustainment Officer on a full-time basis. You will be joining a friendly and professional team.
The Role: This will be a highly varied role in a busy department, the successful candidate will be expected to support a caseload of individuals providing tenancy sustainment support alongside homes that are let to rough sleepers leaving the street, former rough sleepers leaving hostels and those are risk of sleeping rough;
Duties include but are not limited to…
- To carry out a comprehensive needs and risk assessment process in order to build up realistic achievable support plans.
- To assist tenants to complete benefit and other welfare benefit applications and ensure their rent is managed effectively.
- To maintain good working relationships and ensure landlords are supported to the best of their ability.
- To form close working relationships with agencies to ensure that tenants are in receipt of the necessary support to enable them to sustain their accommodation and positive progress.
- To maintain accurate records
- To establish, develop and maintain a close working relationship with local organisations, other departments, registered landlords and private landlords to encourage joint working and secure the help and support that customers require.
- To contribute to the production and publishing of information leaflets and other material relating to the service.
- Make full written records of all interviews and investigations and related matters.
Candidate Specification: For this position we are seeking applications from candidates who can demonstrate;
- Experience of working with vulnerable people and of using services
- Knowledge and understanding of the housing needs of rough sleepers
- Knowledge, experience and skills in giving advice, information and signposting
- Experience of or willingness to master motivational interview skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High standard of accuracy, literacy and numeracy with high level of IT literacy.
- Ability to work outside of office hours to meet clients’ needs
- This post will be subject to a CRB check
This role may also involve travel on a regular or occasional basis. It is a condition of employment that the candidate can provide satisfactory travel in order to fulfil the obligations of the role. If public transport is not available, the candidate will be required to provide a suitable vehicle.
If you believe you would be a suitable candidate for this role and would be interested in learning more, please submit your CV today.