Design Engineer / Project Engineer / CAD Engineer
Job Title: Design Engineers
Location: Bickershaw, Wigan
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent (38 hours per week)
They are looking for a self-motivated, conscientious individual to assist in the Design of standard and special products for standby systems. Qualified to HND or equivalent or with a minimum of 2 years practical experience on the electrical side.
- The Design/Preparation of Parts Lists and Drawing sketches for D., both Mechanical and Electrical aspects from customer specification and orders in a 'cost effective' manner. This involves the use of Excel/Autocad LT and the PEDatabase (Access). To Design, the electrical specification for various equipment's magnetic components
- To prepare Installation/Operation/Maintenance manuals this will involve using Word - typing support provided by Admin department
- To support test department in trouble shooting/problem solving on production problems/equipment repair
- To project-manage each job to ensure Parts Lists/Drawings/Manuals are prepared in adequate time to meet:
- PE production and customer due date requirements
- The Customers contract requirements for drawings and manuals
- To ensure 'As Built' drawings and manuals are prepared to ensure they are ready for delivery
- To assist Sales with or prepare quotations for special equipments for Sales including outline designs for costing
- To check the electrical and mechanical drawings drawn by D. to the marked up prints and or design instructions
- Once projects are complete, to break down production files and update master Part Lists and drawings to avoid repeat production problems
- To undertake site visits to both support sales requirements and to troubleshoot/fault find on problem equipment
What they offer in return:
21 plus bank holidays, rising to 22 plus bank holidays after two year and 23 plus bank holidays after five years.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, Electrical Project Engineer, Project Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Solid Works Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Graduate, Graduate design Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Trainee design Engineer may also be considered for this role.