School of Computing and Engineering
£22,867 to £26,484 per annum
37 hours per week
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you enjoy working in a busy and varied customer focussed environment? Are you an enthusiastic and experienced administrator who enjoys a challenge?
If you have a proven aptitude for providing professional administration support, working methodically whilst juggling priorities and maintaining excellent levels of customer support to stakeholders, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
We are seeking an experienced administrator to join our busy, customer focussed Placement Unit where you will play a key role in the activities associated with placing, supporting and assessing students in industry. As part of a front line service, you will regularly deal with students (both on campus and out in industry), industry professional and colleagues; so excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with a wide range of people is essential.
The role is varied and interesting and you will need a flexible attitude along with a proven ability to use your initiative and problem solve.
As Student Placement Officer you will:
- Act as first point of contact to students, helping with all aspects of their placement search including support with placement applications.
- Liaise with employers and academic staff to coordinate placement interviews and onsite visits
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of excellent administrative support, including accurate and timely maintenance of student electronic records and related processes from placement initiation to conclusion.
To be successful in this role you will have*:
- Recent experience of working within a busy, customer facing administrative team within an employability setting (such as placements, guidance, recruitment).
- Proven organisational skills, be able to manage several projects at once, overcome challenges and deliver confidently to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly and approachable personality.
- A degree or equivalent training/work based experience and good standards of literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent computer skills with experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and using a database.
If you fit the above description and are excited about the opportunity to help ensure our students have the best experience, we want to hear from you.
*Please pay close attention to the recruitment pack information and use the online application form to explain how your knowledge, skills and experience match the full Person Specification for the role.
Click apply below for further information and to download an application pack.
Closing Date: 21 July 2019
Interview Date: 22 August 2019
Working for Equal Opportunities.
Innovative University. Inspiring Employer.