HGV Class 2 Driver / HGV Driver / CPC License - Night Shift
Job Title: HGV Class 2 Driver
Location: Holmfirth, all routes are UK only
Salary: £12 per hour (Mon - Fri) plus overtime (Weekends £18 and £35 bank holidays) + 33 days holiday
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an award winning family run dairy based in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire. The dairy currently manufactures branded chilled products for retail, wholesale and foodservice customers both in the UK and overseas.
They are now looking to recruit an additional night shift HGV Class 2 Driver. The ideal candidate will be an experienced HGV Class 2 Driver, with at least 12 months HGV Class 2 experience with a clean driving licence. All runs start out from the Farm in Holmfirth between 1 and 2.
Drivers are paid a guaranteed 48 hour minimum week. The firm tries as far as possible to allocate drivers to fixed runs in order to encourage good customer care and familiarity with the journey. This practise allows drivers to get a fairly fixed working pattern and balance their external and family commitments.
Drivers are not required to stay out overnight except in exceptional circumstances where additional payments will be made to compensate for the inconvenience. The majority of the runs start early in the morning, often between 1am and 3am.
The firm arranges periodic driver training and CPC training is fully funded.
All candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills and must be currently eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
All team members are expected to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility, with varying start times. Although drivers work predominantly Monday to Friday, some weekend availability is required.
The role involves:
- Driving HGV Class 2 vehicles delivering stock to depots, wholesalers and businesses within the UK
- Completing delivery and customer paperwork
- Daily vehicle and load checks
- Loading and unloading the vehicle
- Compliance with all road safety legislation
- Attendance and cooperation with the requirements of CPC training
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- An excellent approach to customer care
- Conscientious, positive thinking
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Effective and collaborative communication skills
- Pride in themselves, their work and the products
- Competitive rates of pay
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 33 days holiday per year.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and attach your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with Experience and previous titles of; HGV Class 2 Driver, HGV Driver, Driver, Heavy Goods Vehicle Driver, HGV 2, Multidrop Driver, Multi-drop Driver, Class 2, HGV Driver, Class II Driver, Driver Class II may also be considered for this role.
Apply for HGV Class 2 Driver / HGV Driver / CPC License - Night Shift
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly