Firmware Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer - C#
Job Title: Firmware Engineer
Location: Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of high quality construction materials testing equipment and environmental instrumentation. Their products are backed by global customer service, with comprehensive technical and applications support.
The Company was founded in 1961 to supply testing equipment to the Construction Materials Industry. The Environmental Division, specialising in international projects, was created in 1983. Product sales, service and advice is available from strategically located offices in the UK and USA, supported by regional offices with the associates located in Asia and the Middle East.
They provide the expertise needed for accurate, reliable and consistent construction materials testing.
The purpose of the role is to provide the software design and implementation expertise for new products. You will be responsible for all aspects of the firmware development lifecycle from requirements capture to commissioning.
Product enhancements to existing equipment will also be supported.
- Identify and create software requirements for development of new products and changes to released products
- Architect, design, develop and test embedded software products
- Create documentation to support each phase of the software development
- Design, conduct and report on tests and evaluations of product problems, identify root causes and implement corrective actions
- Design and conduct prototype tests to demonstrate software designs and ensure software is functioning correctly
- Aid in troubleshooting, diagnosing and correcting of software problems
- Initiate engineering change notes for software related changes needed to implement corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned
- Embedded Software (micro controllers)
- Real-time Control Systems
- GUI development experience
- Experience in a product development environment
- Demonstrate knowledge in the design and development of new products
- Development and maintain Embedded Systems software, written in C#
- Create or modify source code for products in development
- Strong understanding of hardware I/O, embedded systems and PC
- Degree qualified or the ability to demonstrate required experience
- Professional Membership of appropriate institute
- Have good communication skills and ability to promote your views
- Be resourceful and proactive in your problem solving
- Be flexible and enthusiastic with strong team-working abilities.
- Project manage your tasks and prioritise your work load
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and responsibly with minimum supervision
- Must be proactive in setting standards for quality and excellence in software and embedded application design
- Constantly seek to improve skill sets
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and attach your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with Experience and previous titles of; Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electric Motor Repair Engineer, Embedded Software Technician, C Developer, C# Software Developer, C++ Developer, C# Software Engineer, C++ and Firmware Engineer may also be considered for this role.