Health Safety and Environmental Officer
The Tamar Bridge and Torpoint Ferry – Tamar Crossings - provide important strategic links between Devon and Cornwall and both crossings carry a combined total of approximately 18 vehicles per annum. The crossings are also a vital link for emergency services.
We are seeking to appoint a Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Officer to join us in this dynamic environment. This is a crucial role and you will play a key part in delivering and improving the service.
The person we are looking for will:
- an up-to-date knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations;
- have experience of conducting audits and inspections and designing, conducting and reviewing risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work.
- be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing;
- be able to manage priorities, meet deadlines and perform well under pressure;
- have experience of the design, implementation and evaluation and continual improvement of health and safety policies, procedures and management systems.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential and experience of emergency planning would be advantageous but not essential. The successful applicant will need to have well developed IT skills and a qualification in health and safety, for example, NEBOSH diploma in occupational Health and Safety.
We can offer you:
Generous holiday entitlement, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, generous maternity and parental leave.
Full details including job description, person specification and application form can be found on the following link https://www.tamarcrossings.org.uk/vacancies CVs will not be accepted. If you have the passion, vision and dedication to perform this busy and important role please apply by 9.00 a.m. on 19th July 2019. Please return your completed application form to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Davood Kalantar, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, on 01752 812233. Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 29th July 2019.
No agencies please.