Our client is an established and successful company based in Birtley. They are currently looking for a Credit Controller to join their team on a permanent basis. If you are interested and meet the person specification of the job.
- Chasing customers for outstanding debt
- Ensuring customers have all invoices on their system prior to payment date to facilitate correct payment
- Copying and e-mailing invoices not on customers systems
- Liaising with Site manager to ensure they have authorised the invoices in time for their monthly payment runs
- Contact with Accounts Departments to ensure any invoices on hold are resolved quickly to avoid delays in payment
- Monitoring of 60 and 90 day payment accounts
- Monitoring of customers with internal credit limits only to ensure account does not exceed credit limit agreed upon
- When customer's payment is known to be arriving late and credit limit will be exceeded make decision as to whether credit limit should be increased
- Inputting Credit Card Details onto Sage once received via World Pay and liaising with Accounts to ensure invoices have been raised correctly for credit card payments
- Logging unsigned tickets daily
- Liaising with Hire Desk/Big Change to ensure sweep carried out
- Once tickets returned signed - liaising with Accounts personnel to ensure system is marked to show ticket back and invoiced
- From Sales Ledger Control Transaction Sheets inputting bacs payments onto Sage and allocating cash to individual customer accounts
- Contact customers via e-mail/telephone when discrepancies arise following bacs amounts received with no Remit Advices
- Statements e-mailed to customers as and when requested
- Liaising with RBS personnel to arrange intercompany Bank Transfers when Bacs received into Municipal or Environmental Accounts in error.
- Inputting cheque payments onto Sage and allocating cash to individual customer accounts.
- Completion of Paying in Book
- Filing Remittance Advices
- On line completion of credit limit request through Credit insurers based on customer information
- If limit agreed advise customer of payment terms etc
- Open customer account on Sage and advise accounts and hire desk of account number
- If credit limit not agreed advise customer accordingly and discuss way forward i.e. credit card payment etc.
- Experienced Credit Controller
- Sage Experience
- Confident and comfortable in dealing with customers (sometimes confrontational) to bring matters to a satisfactory conclusion
- Computer literate and familiar with the financial package Sage and other internal operations analysis software
- Personable and approachable
- Able to adapt to the needs of the office particularly during holidays and staff shortages
- Able to develop and deliver strategies for debt recovery and take responsibility for it