Hair Stylist - Mens
KNOW THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Hair Stylist and Groomer to oversee and execute grooming across menswear fashion sets within our Online studio on a daily basis, preparing teams for sign off from the Styling management team. In this busy role you will demonstrate strong technical and creative skills across grooming and an understanding of forward thinking ways of working. Knowledge of current industry trends, interpreting and executing styles will enable to deliver in line with the Selfridges creative vision.
- Attention to detail is crucial, maintaining a very high quality of imagery across menswear fashion.
- Working simultaneously across multiple fashion sets per day.
- Excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with Art Director, Photographer, Shoot Lead, Stylist and Stylist Assistant to produce creative imagery in line with the Selfridges style guides.
- Strong awareness and knowledge for trends and how these can be interpreted through the Selfridges creative vision, producing new ideas in line with alternate brand aesthetics.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence grooming styles, ensuring the Selfridges imagery remains fresh and forward thinking.
- Working with Styling management team to regularly update Selfridge's hair & grooming style guides.
- Responsible for briefing and leading freelance members of the team daily on best practice.
- To maintain and encourage a positive 'can do' atmosphere in the studios which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work.
- Work continuously with peers to implement changes in order to improve studio efficiencies and shoot imagery.
- Demonstrate drive, flexible and strong 'all-rounder' qualities.
- Able to troubleshoot and show initiative through a back catalogue of knowledge.
- Confident in decision making where necessary.
- Maintain efficiencies within the studios.
- Maintain a tidy and workable area, ensuring at the end of the day it is clear and ready for the following days shoot.
- Manage and maintain consumables and equipment for the department.
- Mentor junior members of the team, aiding their progress and development.
- Work efficiently and develop cross departmental relationships.
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOW WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Salon and session experience with a strong creative portfolio
- BTEC National Diploma Hair Level 2 with strong product knowledge
- Good communication skills and able to give and take direction
- Strong fashion and trend knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active 'can do' attitude
- Manual handling
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment