Junior IT Support Engineer / 1st / 2nd Line / ICT Technician
Job Title: Junior IT Support Engineer
Location: Onsite at Primary Schools in and around Watford
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
This is a successful small Watford-based business that for the last 15 years have been supplying IT Support and Managed Services to primary schools in the area. Their team provides trusted IT management and technical support to over 40 schools. They are successfully expanding through reputation and word of mouth.
As a Junior IT Support Engineer, you would be carrying out all aspects of IT support for local primary schools. This would be onsite, as well as remotely and via phone/email. The role involves monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks, installing and configuring hardware, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems.
A vital part of the role is to develop and maintain a close relationship to customers. This is a full time position, visiting 2 to 3 schools daily during term time. Some work can be carried out from home. During school holidays, we work on large projects and installations.
The person they are looking for:
- Has a genuine interest and enthusiasm for technology
- Enjoys helping other people and is prepared to go 'the extra mile'
- Has excellent communication and listening skills
- Has strong time-management skills and the ability to set priorities
- Is inquisitive and keen to learn
- Is able to take direction and work both independently and with team members
- Has good diagnostic skills, a methodical approach and attention to detail
- Experience in IT Support is a definite plus
"Must Have" Practical requirements
- Own car
- Full clean driving licence
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Must be able obtain DBS check for all successful applicants
- You must be able to provide a clear Disqualification Declaration
- DIY skills a definite plus
They are looking for someone to be able to make an immediate contribution, ideally with some experience in IT Support, however, initial training will be provided.
- Windows 7/8/10 professional
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- General office applications (E. MS Office)
- PC Hardware knowledge (replacing hard drives, power supplies etc.)
- Networks (wired and wireless)
- Software installation
- Interactive whiteboards/projectors
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of the above
- Scripted installations
- Visual basic programming
- Google G-Suite
- Apple IOS and app management
- MS Office 365
The Company offers the following:
- Enjoying the feeling of 'making a difference'
- Learning new skills and keeping abreast of the latest technology
- Appreciate a challenge and work for a growing business
- Being a key member of a dedicated team with exceptionally helpful colleagues
- Varied and friendly work environment
- Where it is in line with the business needs, they company encourages and supports members of the team to develop in other areas of their personal interest
- Salary dependent on experience, knowledge and skills
- 20 days holidays (plus 8 bank holidays) p. (Full-time)
- Mobile phone, laptop and iPad provided
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the company application page.
Candidates with experience of; 1st Line Technical Support Advisor, 1st Line Technical Support Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Support, IT Customer Support Advisor, 2nd Line Technical Support Advisor, 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician may also be considered for this role.