Senior Environmental Consultant
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Environmental Consultant (U)
Location: Can be based in any of their UK offices
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an independent, integrated safety, environment and engineering consultancy, and was established in 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Since then, the firm has grown to employ 40 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U. They have regional offices in: Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Inverness, Middlesbrough and Manchester.
A positive place to work, they aim to implement the motto 'See a Difference' in everything that they do.
The company are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join their growing team with the potential to work from any of their U. offices. The position may require travel, occasional overnight stays throughout the U., and further afield depending on project requirements - a valid passport and photo ID is required.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the Process Engineering team and will be involved in all aspects of professional input to environmental consultancy projects. The successful candidate will also provide a level of marketing and business development support, identifying new clients and opportunities, to support the growth and expansion of the firm.
The ideal candidate will have experience with regards to one or more of the following areas/disciplines, preferably in a consultancy role:
- Environmental permitting (e. Industrial Emissions Directive, via PPC/EPR/IPC) and associated regulator liaison (e. SEPA, EA, NIEA, EPA)
- Air quality to include air quality impact assessment via D1, H1 and/or via the CERC (e. ADMS) suite of software
- Environmental noise assessment/support for industrial and commercial facilities (via BS 4142) and construction sites
- Environmental licencing (e. Water Framework Directive, via CAR) and associated regulator liaison
- Specifying water and air pollution control strategies/technologies with reference to the principles of Best Available Techniques (BAT)
- Water management to include water efficiency auditing of industrial and commercial facilities
- Hydrology to include flood risk assessment
- The ideal candidate will possess an Honours or Master's Degree in a relevant engineering (Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Civil) or environmental discipline (or similar).
- They will also have a full U. driving licence with clean driver record.
- Professional chartership(s) would be viewed favourably.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. They support career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations. For the right candidate, the opportunity exists to work towards becoming a shareholder of the firm.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements. Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of their salary expectations and confirm which office(s) they would consider working from.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Environmental Consultant, Senior Consultant, Process Engineer, Chemical Management, Engineer Consultant, Process Safety Consultant Environmental Auditing, Chemical Engineer, Environmental Advisor, Environment Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Senior Environmental Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly