Project Manager Community Support Network
Project Manager – Community Support Network
Home Based (with regular travel to our office in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire)
Ehlers-Danlos Support UK provides information, support and guidance to those living with EDS, a group of connective tissue disorders which affect most of the body and can be extremely challenging to live with.
We work closely with medical and healthcare professionals to increase the understanding of EDS in UK medical practice, reduce the time to diagnosis and improve knowledge of this condition through research.
Thanks to a significant grant from the National Lottery Community Fund, we’ve been able to invest in the Communities Project, which will provide peer-to-peer support to our community across the UK.
We’re now looking for a Project Manager to join us on a three year contract and oversee the successful delivery of this project.
- Salary of £36,000 per annum
- Drive the delivery of a vital support service
- Excellent training and development support
- Become a key player within a small, friendly team
If you have experience of creating and managing a remote community, this is a fantastic opportunity to help change lives with the only UK-based charity to represent and support those with EDS.
You will have the chance to increase the support given to people who often have to wait years to be correctly diagnosed and fight to get the treatment they need.
We pride ourselves on being bold, well-informed and focused and we use our personality to inspire change and benefit all those touched by EDS. We believe that nobody should be left to fight on their own. If you think you could make a difference as part of our team, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Project Manager, you’ll oversee the successful delivery of the Communities Project, our volunteer-led, UK-wide support programme.
In this important role, you will manage a Communities Manager, as well as a group of volunteer Area Co-ordinators who will provide a support service accessed by approximately 3,000 people affected by EDS.
You’ll design, implement and evaluate a programme of training, support and development for volunteers, giving them the skills they need to provide high-quality support to the EDS community.
Additionally, you will:
- Act as the primary point of contact for volunteers, alongside the Communities Manager
- Oversee the recruitment of new volunteers
- Lead the roll-out of new technology to increase the accessibility of the support network
- Ensure that the project meets National Lottery commitments
- Use feedback from volunteers, staff and service users to further improve our service
To join us as our Project Manager, you will need:
- A track record of effectively using a range of communication tools, including social media, to provide support and information and create and manage a remote community
- Experience of leading a remote team
- Previous experience of planning, delivering and evaluating training
- Proven project management skills
- The ability to relay information in an understandable and manageable way
- The willingness and ability to travel throughout the UK on occasion
Ideally, you’ll have experience of managing volunteers. A full driving licence and access to your vehicle would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Community Support Project Manager, Community Support Programme Manager, Charity Project Manager, Senior Community Manager or Community Programme Manager.
Webrecruit and Ehlers-Danlos Support UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.