Our client is a leading Food Manufacturer they are currently seeking a Production Manager to join their site leadership.
As the Production Manager, you will succeed through your people, delivering a culture that is friendly, welcoming and supportive.
Comfortable and capable of coaching teams to achieve results and be working towards a zero loss environment.
Working in a highly competitive, fast paced market and located at 'Site', the role holder will be a key member of the Site Operational Team and Production Management Team. Ownership and accountability for the following are essential:
- Ensuring the Manufacturing area is a safe, efficient and quality focused operation which satisfies all stakeholder expectations and requirements.
- Take responsibility for day to day operational performance and ensures any issues are dealt with in the first instance and communicated to relevant Functional Supervisors.
- Ensuring a continual drive to jointly deliver, with relevant functions; a Site plan to prevent reoccurrence of any issues.
- Takes responsibility for coaching and developing their teams through effective performance management and promotes a culture in which lean manufacturing, both structurally and culturally is effective and sustainable.
- Encourages a culture where leadership and working in partnership to drive operational performance are demonstrated through adopting coaching and supportive behaviours.
- Responsible for developing a budget that releases cost ahead of inflation and for delivery the same.
- Leadership skills (Essential) - leads by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity.
- Fresh Produce manufacturing experience is essential
- Accepts responsibility and takes ownership of problems, sees change as an opportunity.
- Delegates empowers and motivates people to achieve goals.
- Managing people in a change environment (essential)
- Specific experience of managing continuous improvement processes (desirable)
- Project Management skills (desirable)
What's on offer?
- Competitive base (up to £40,000 DOE)
- Working Monday to Friday (phone number removed) with every third Saturday morning (phone number removed)
- Pension - Government auto-enrolment
- Annual leave - 29 days leave. The incumbent will work bank holidays.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV