Scientist Non-Animal Contract Testing Lab
Scientist – Non-Animal Contract Testing Lab
We’re XCellR8, an award-winning organisation that is dedicated to developing animal-free testing solutions for the cosmetics and chemical industries.
We’re committed to Xcellence, being Xtraordinary, Xemplary and going the Xtra mile to achieve outstanding results. We are now seeking a Scientist to join us and support the day to day scientific activities of XCellR8’s human cell culture laboratory.
- Salary of up to £25,000 DOE
- Increase your experience as part of a passionate team
- 25 days’ holiday
- Free parking
Born from a great idea and a passion for animal welfare, XCellR8 has become a world leader in our field and we’re constantly pushing boundaries to find animal-free, cutting-edge testing solutions.
We provide the ideal environment in which to develop your scientific career. With a reputation for our innovative approach, we have a Good Laboratory Practice certification, as well as awards from renowned beauty brand Lush and industry support organisations, Bionow and Chemicals North West.
You will have the chance to significantly increase your skill-set and support important work that’s providing a more ethical and scientifically advanced alternative to animal testing.
As a Scientist, you will carry out in vitro studies in order to demonstrate the safety and efficacy of test items.
Working closely with the Senior Scientists and the Contract Testing Manager, you will also contribute to the research and development of new test methods and provide routine maintenance of both human cell cultures and the XCellR8 lab.
Your role will also involve:
- Processing, analysing and communicating the results and data from experiments conducted
- Performing QC checks on reports
- Working within the GLP regulatory framework
- Undertaking ongoing training in the appropriate theoretical and practical skills to support the role
- Contributing to the review, update and creation of controlled documents including SOPs, IPs and Forms
- Keeping up to date with the work of other scientists both internally and externally through regular reading/research and conference attendance in order to support innovation at XCellR8
Interested? To be considered as a Scientist, you will need:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Life Science subject, with additional prior laboratory experience
- To be committed to the development and implementation of in vitro alternatives to animal testing
- To work to the requirements of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Microsoft Excel
- To be an analytical thinker who can manage priorities, problem-solve and deliver actions
- To be highly detail oriented, able to work autonomously and able to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease
Although not essential, experience in cell culture, flow cytometry, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), and/or assays would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Laboratory Scientist, Lab Scientist, Lab Technician, Life Scientist, Life Science Technician, Laboratory Analyst or Human Cell Culture Scientist.
This is a full time role which will require some flexibility to meet lab demands.
Webrecruit and XCellR8 are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Scientist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.