IT Support Engineer / Network Engineer / Server Engineer
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex + Central London (Strand)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Monday - Friday)
The Company provides all the IT services of a dedicated IT department. They work either onsite or remotely and their helpdesk is available 24/7 all year round. Company's IT consultants bring added value to their clients' business demands by providing industry-specific advice and insights. The Company helps their clients with tailored, cost effective IT services that address specific network, server, workstation, security or software needs.
There's now a fantastic opportunity for a senior technical support engineer to join the team. Ideally the candidate must have a solid base knowledge of IT Systems and Networking as you will find yourself involved in a wide range of technical support.
There is also the potential for the right candidate to run a branch of Sprint if they have an ambition to run their own business. Please note this is not essential, however, may provide additional interest in the role.
- Helpdesk and incident management providing onsite and remote support
- PC and server build and configuration
- Firewall configuration and troubleshooting
- Daily system checks including backup monitoring and reporting
The Successful Candidate will have /be:
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- The ability to organise and prioritise own workload with a logical, methodical approach
- The ability to enter data accurately into a reporting system
- Customer care skills
- The ability to work accurately under pressure
- An interest in learning and growing your own skill set
- Reliable, punctual and have a good work record
- Effective team player with the ability to work as part of a small team
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Windows Server 2003 and above (Including SBS and Essentials)
- PC repair and systems knowledge
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 and above
- Microsoft O365 MS Office software packages
- Active Directory
- Terminal Servers
- Desktop Support for Windows and Mac
- OS Printers Mobile devices (iPad, tablets & phones)
- Experienced in using backup software
- Centralised Anti-Virus software
- Good knowledge of Networking and networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Experience and good knowledge of networking - using switches, routers, Wi-Fi devices, network cabling and infrastructure (essential)
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Senior IT Technical Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, Senior IT Engineer, Systems Administrator, Systems Support, 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer, Senior Network Support, Server Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Senior IT Service Desk Technician, Software Engineer, Senior Helpdesk Support Technician, SQL, Oracle and Fault Desk Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for IT Support Engineer / Network Engineer / Server Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly