Data Protection Officer
An opportunity has arisen within our client's Fire and Rescue Service for a Data Protection Officer based at their Headquarters in Sheffield.
Data Protection Officer
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 10 (£39,782 - £42,683)
Location: Sheffield, S1
The successful candidate will provide expert advice and monitoring compliance with legislation, regulations and codes of practise relating to information governance, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Duties will include:
- To act as the Service’s Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- To take the lead in providing expert data protection advice to Members, Principal Officers, Service managers and relating to all aspects of data protection.
- Maintain and review a comprehensive data protection plan, policies and procedures and provide advice in this area.
- To provide expert advice where requested regarding data protection impact assessment process and monitor its performance.
- To promote data protection compliance and best practice by setting and maintaining standards and procedures, ensuring the Authority’s data protection policies are up to date, disseminating any changes in the legislation to key members of staff through communications and training.
Key to this role is a thorough understanding of all legislation, regulations and codes of practice relating to information governance, including national and European data protection laws such as the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR. A clear understanding of the implications surrounding data protection compliance within a large organisation, and high levels of communication, conflict management, and relationship management skills are required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the characteristics and behaviours required to lead and motivate staff, and promote a data protection culture, often in times of significant pressure.
You will need to be educated to degree level or higher in Law or another relevant discipline.
Closing date for applications is 0900 hours on Monday 15 July 2019
Interviews will be held on Friday 19 July 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
Applications from job share candidates will be considered and all applications will be given equal consideration.
Please note the appointment is subject to successful pre-employment screening i.e. asylum and immigration check, references, medical screening, substance misuse testing and Disclosure Scotland Criminal Records Check or Enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) if applicable.
If you require any of our client's recruitment documents in larger print or any other format, this can be arranged.
No agencies please.