7 days left
- Full Time
Enigma People Solutions is looking for an Algorithm Engineer who can bring their skills to bear on our client's next generation of combined software and sensor solution. Our client is a small dynamic team examining, then developing new product concepts to the point of prototype. This presents many opportunities to champion new ideas and see them through to market. As a result of the current success and imminent start of major new projects, we are looking to increase our client's R&D capability to continue developing novel features and cutting edge new products within the personal tracking segments.
Our client is a technology startup founded in 2005, the company started with a personal tracking solution with emergency support for the elderly, children, lone worker protection as well as those with dementia and Alzheimer's. In 2009 they entered the electronic offenders monitoring (EM) market with the launch of their tracker product family, which introduces a range of novel features and has received outstanding feedback from customers and community. Our client's EM technology is now the market leader and in service with multiple police forces and governments around the world, including Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
To be of interest you will be able to demonstrate experience of designing and developing data driven models and autonomous heuristic algorithms is required, ideally along with an understanding of their interface to digital signal processing techniques and their software implementation.
- Application of statistical pattern recognition and machine learning techniques to sensor outputs.
- Design, research and development of new algorithms to detect patterns in sensor data.
- Design of experiments to evaluate algorithm performance and extend them into new areas of detection.
- Assess the veracity of applied techniques /measurements and conclude on product direction.
- MSci in Applied Mathematics with Statistics or other numerate subject; relevant PhD preferred.
- Programming skills in Matlab.
- A good understanding of data driven models and their application to incomplete data sets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position.
- Must be able to work alone and manage workload to ensure timely delivery.
- 2 years of employment developing models in either commercial or academic environment
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Additional useful skills:
- Previous experience of developing statistical pattern recognition algorithms for use with physical sensor systems either in an industrial or postgraduate academic setting.
- Team working, collaboration and mentoring of junior colleagues.
- Programming skills in C and understanding of electronic systems.
- An understanding of the effects of physical noise sources on signal veracity.