Design Engineer / Project Engineer / CAD Engineer
Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Willand, Devon
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a fast-moving, exciting, agile and modern business operating from their headquarters and manufacturing facility in Willand, Devon, UK. They design & manufacture innovative, high-end heating and cooling systems for industrial, medical, scientific and laboratory applications.
You have the opportunity to become part of this diverse, young, growing company at an exciting time.
They design and manufacture innovative, high-end heating and cooling systems for industrial, medical, scientific and laboratory applications.
The successful candidate will be an all-round, hands-on, practically minded Engineer, who relishes the opportunity to cover a variety of jobs and challenges. You will be working with globally-recognised companies, and will be changing the world with New Technological advancements.
The successful candidate will join their Engineering team, working in a mixed office / factory environment, and will interface with all areas of their business. You will have an interest in "getting stuck in" and should enjoy (rather than be intimidated by) the variety that the role can offer.
The role will ultimately involve the whole of the Engineering process and more and can involve regular travelling to Customers / Suppliers in the UK and abroad.
- Initial customer meetings to formulate the brief
- Detailed design work & drawings using a variety of Engineering platforms
- Supporting documentations such as manuals, test documents and general arrangements
- Carrying out engineering changes and amendments to assist in manufacture
- Testing, installation and commissioning of the equipment YOU have designed!
- A University Degree in an Engineering Subject (BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc)
- A Proficiency in 3D CAD (Preferably Solidworks) and 2D CAD (AutoCAD or similar)
- At least three years' experience in a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for innovation and a natural inclination for problem solving
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work under one's own initiative, and to manage a workload
- High level of IT Literacy including, but not limited to, MS Office, Email, Internet, Databases etc.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and customers alike
- A working knowledge of Engineering Quality Procedures
- Full UK Drivers licence desirable
- An understanding of electrical systems, and/or of software and controls desirable
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Solid Works Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Graduate, Graduate design Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Trainee design Engineer may also be considered for this role.