Fire Risk Surveyor
- Full Time
Fire Risk Surveyor
£38,000 - £43,300
Our client a leading Housing provider in the Epsom area, who is seeking to attract a professional Fire Risk Surveyor to join the planning and development team. At this key stage our client aims to bring investment and improvements to homes and communities across the borough as they are responsible for the day-to- day management of housing services to around 6,000 council tenants and 1,500 leaseholders. In this key role as part of our Planning & Delivery team you will:
- Inspect and survey properties for fire, asbestos and other relevant risks to comply with the Fire Safety Regulations, Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order, Control of Asbestos Regulations, building regulations and associated legislation.
- Prepare reports and prioritise remedial actions following inspections.
- Prepare schedules of remedial works and supervise service providers in undertaking them.
- Update databases and risk registers.
- Conduct cyclical auditing to ensure premises are compliant. Liaise with the local housing manager and estate manager relating to any non-compliance by residents or hazards on estates so that appropriate actions can be taken.
- Check service providers operating for SHP for Health & Safety compliance and safe working practices.
- Provide advice to residents, managers and colleagues relating to building compliance, including fire precautions and evacuation procedures.
The successful candidate will have worked in a similar role before so will have a good working knowledge of building construction, risk assessment processes and fire/asbestos and other safety regulations. You will be proficient in diagnosing common defects and will hold the following (or equivalent) qualifications:
- UKATA Asbestos Awareness
- P405 Management for Asbestos in Buildings
- NEBOSH national certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management
- Scaffold Inspection Qualification
- Advanced Managing Working Working at Height qualification
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that you have a valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle with business insurance, business mileage is of course a claimable expense.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits;
- 32 days annual leave, in addition you will receive 8 statutory holidays (pro rata)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Simply Health staff benefit
- Modern and flexible working environment
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Recognition Awards
For more information please do not hesitate to contact Ian Martin 01943 467766