GRADUATES APPLY - Teaching Assistant - Brent -September
6 days left
- Full Time
Are YOU a recent university graduate looking for an exciting new role in the world of education?
An experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a new opportunity?
I am looking to speak with recent graduates, particularly chose with Child Development or Sociology degrees. However, if you have recently graduated from a different subject or have experience as a Teaching Assistant, then you are still encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
Veritas are working closely with a well-known Primary School in the borough of Brent who are looking for an enthusiastic graduate to join them as general teaching assistants in mainstream education.
Role: Teaching Assistant
Start/ Duration: Full time from September onward
What do you need to apply?
- Graduate: University degree OR be an experienced Teaching Assistant
- Passionate about enhancing children's education
- A September 2019 availability
What does this role include?
- Supporting children's learning, and supporting the main class teacher. In primary schools, their duties include:
- Setting up equipment and helping to prepare the classroom for lessons, tidying up afterwards and helping with displays.
- Providing support to children who need additional help with their work.
- Helping pupils develop independent learning skills, manage their own learning and prioritise their time.
- Providing one-to-one and small group support to children who need it.
- Listening to children read.
- Helping the teacher with their marking and record-keeping.
- Looking after children's pastoral needs, including dealing with playground accidents and caring for children who are upset.
- Helping with school trips, events and outings.
Apply now if you would like to be considered for this full time opportunity to begin in September 2019 on a 1 year contract, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'