Senior Support Worker / Social Care Supervisor
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Support Worker
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Multiple Positions Available)
The Company, an established provider of support services for people with learning disabilities, have been working in the North East since 1990. Their mission statement, which was designed by the people they support, their families and their own staff, guides everything they do.
They believe that everyone should have their choice when it comes to getting the support they need and as such they provide a specifically tailored service to every individual, working to a support plan chosen by them.
The Role: Principal Duties
- Ensure that the support team are competent and focused, and are able to fulfil the needs of the people we support
- Assist the Support Manager to assess the people we support and agree their needs. Produce support plans as needed after the assessment is completed
- Contribute to the induction of new staff, ensuring all standards are met. Be part of the recruitment process as required by the Support Manager
- Provide on call support as part of a rota
- Act up in the absence of the Support Manager
- Contribute to the development, provision and review of Person Centred Support Plans
- Produce Payroll information for the staff team on a weekly basis
- Ensure all Health & Safety requirements are met
- Demonstrate and set high standards of personal and professional behaviour and act as a role model for other staff.
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate and positive attitudes and values within the service.
- Work with a range of client groups and needs as required
- Promote each person's physical, emotional and spiritual needs, ensuring that they are met
- Work closely with the people we support and their families and others involved in their lives. Learn from experience and continually improve your own performance and that of the staff team
- Ensure each person is able to make informed choices and rights are upheld - promote self-advocacy
- Support each person in their daily activities
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse and ensure all safeguarding procedures are followed as needed.
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security of the individual and staff
- Provide effective records and reports in an appropriate manner to the relevant persons
- Develop one's own knowledge and practice by attending statutory/relevant training
- Continue to develop skills to assist support staff in developing their underpinning knowledge and skills
- Develop all other areas identified in appraisal
- Reflect on your work and seek feedback from others
- Be prepared to act up to a more senior role if needed
- Act with integrity and honesty at all times
- Be approachable and supportive of colleagues
- Be willing to share knowledge and experience
- Work well with others and builds rapport
- An understanding of people civil and human rights
- Good team worker
- NVQ Level 2, Promoting Independence
- Experience of working with people with a learning disability
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proven track record of managing health and social care services for 2 years or more
To apply for this role please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Support Manager, Care Manager, Support Provision Supervisor, Support Manager, Senior Carer, Care Team Manager, Support Supervisor, Senior Care Worker, Assistant Service manager, Social Care manager, Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Autism Support will be considered for this role.
Apply for Senior Support Worker / Social Care Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly