Goods In Assistant
Goods In Assistant
Croydon, Greater London
Are you an enthusiastic and proactive individual with stock receiving and/or goods in experience? Want to join an established, growing business that will invest in your skill-set?
If so, this is a great opportunity to take on a varied and engaging role as a Goods In Assistant.
Who will I be working for?
Level Developments is a world leader in the design, manufacture and assembly of mechanical and electronic angle measuring sensors. With 30 years of success, we have ambitious, but realistic, expansion plans for the next two years and are growing by 20% each year.
We’re now looking for a Goods In Assistant to join our Stores team and support the smooth running of our Goods In process.
Are there any benefits?
- Salary of £18,000 - £22,000 DOE
- Option to join the bi-annual bonus scheme
- 32 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
- Flexible start and finish times
- Develop your career with a successful and forward-thinking business
What will I be doing?
As a Goods In Assistant, you’ll support our Goods In process and ensure all items are correctly located within our stores.
Your duties will involve:
- Responsibility for the receipt of all goods inwards
- Labelling goods correctly with part numbers and expiry date labels
- Inspecting packages
- Kitting components so they are ready for assembly
- Completing documentation and checking them against purchase orders
- Updating stock records and stores labelling
- Carrying out stock takes
Please note, this role will involve lifting items up to 20kg.
What do I need?
To join us as one of our Goods In Assistants, you’ll need:
- Experience in a goods in and/or stock receiving role
- Proficient IT skills
- An understanding of Bill of Materials (BoM) and kitting
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English at grade C or above
- A team player mentality
It would be great if you had an understanding of 5S (Lean manufacturing), but this isn’t essential.
Other organisations may call this role Goods-In Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Goods In Co-ordinator, Goods In Assistant, Warehouse Operative, Stores Assistant, Distribution Assistant or Stores Operative.
This is a full time role, working 39 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with flexible start and finish times.
Webrecruit and Level Developments are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Goods In Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency