Carers Lead – Part Time
2 days left
- Part Time
Carers Lead – Part Time
Exeter, Devon (with the option to work from home on occasion)
Are you a compassionate individual with great communication skills? Want to take on a highly-rewarding role supporting people who care for family members with brain injuries? If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to enhance your experience as a Carers Lead.
Operating across Devon and Torbay, Headway Devon is a local charity dedicated to improving life after brain injury.
Brain injuries are a hidden disability that can affect personalities, relationships and the ability to lead an independent life. When a person’s life is turned upside down by brain injury, we ensure they get the help and support they need and deserve.
We’re now looking for a Carers Lead to join us on a part time basis for a three year contract.
- Salary of £20,525.70 pro rata
- Excellent training provided
- Friendly and inclusive culture
- Holiday and sick pay
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the charity sector and help to deliver a much-needed service for carers who are often under-supported.
We’ll provide you with great training to increase your knowledge of brain injuries and care work, as well as all the support you need to succeed in your role.
As a Carers Lead, you’ll oversee the development and growth of our carers service, which aims to support individuals in Devon who care for a loved one with an acquired brain injury.
In this varied role, you’ll support the delivery of carer support groups, as well as the implementation of a carers portal on our website, which will provide online resources and information resources.
Acting as a primary point of contact for carers, you will:
- Run workshops for carer families on issues including claiming benefits, stress management and acquired brain injury training
- Support our monthly carer drop-in service in Exeter
- Liaise with colleagues to deliver our online portal
- Deliver talks about Headway Devon and brain injury
- Signpost families to useful services
To join us as a Carers Lead, you’ll need:
- Experience of developing and maintaining databases
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, data inputting and/or storage and extracting reports
- A great eye for detail with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines
- A compassionate approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ideally, you will have previous experience as a carer, but this isn’t essential. Experience of working in the field of acquired brain injuries would also be beneficial, as would experience of public speaking.
Other organisations may call this role Carer Support Advisor, Carer Advisor, Project Co-ordinator or Project Delivery Co-ordinator.
This is a part time role, working 10 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work may occasionally be required.
The closing date for applications is the 19th July 2019.
Webrecruit and Headway Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take your next step as a Carers Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.