Procurement Specialist - Medical
A great opportunity for anyone looking to gain valuable experience within the procurement function of a well-known healthcare provider. Our client leverages their huge group spend of around GBP1bn when working on a national level on behalf of over 150 large organisations in the medical industry.
They are looking for an ambitious Procurement Specialist to join their successful procurement team in Birmingham, getting to know multiple sides of the business and working with key senior stakeholders on procurement projects on behalf of their client-base.
The role will entail
- Assist in preparing, editing and updating customer specifications for procurement projects
- Oversee supplier relationships when in RFP stages
- Take part in supplier meetings/reviews and assist in managing relationships
- Be a point of contract for any contractual queries and/or amendments.
- Assist in coordinating procurement projects - typically with buyer and administrators
- Preparing and assisting in reporting of procurement projects to help ensure the timely delivery of said projects
- General knowledge of healthcare operations and device industry issues
- Confidence to liaise with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Overall this is a great opportunity for procurement professionals taking the next step in their career and gaining invaluable experience across all aspects of the procurement function whilst learning from experienced stakeholders
Please submit your CV below by clicking Apply below, or forward you CV directly to
Keywords: Procurement; Procurement specialist; Tendering; Stakeholder management; Negotiation; vendor management; Birmingham;