E Learning Instructional Designer
E Learning Instructional Designer - Bradford, West Yorkshire
Salary and benefits
- Salary of c. GBP20,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Excellent Flexibility in working hours
- Dental and healthcare options
- Free parking
The Society of Dyers and Colourists is the world's leading independent, educational charity dedicated to advancing the science and technology of colour worldwide. Established for over 135 years, we are a professional, chartered society and a global organisation with strong connections with the fashion and textile industries. With education and communities at the heart of our strategy, we have launched a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and have created the role of E Learning Instructional Designer to help us focus on the design, development and delivery of our educational content through this digital learning platform.
The role of E Learning Instructional Designer
Working with the Subject Matter Experts within the education team, you will design, input and develop interactive and engaging virtual learning content and resources which will be accessed by a diverse range of learners worldwide. The role will allow you to use, grow and develop your creative and technical skills as an integral part of a small team.
- Work with the Education and Marketing teams to translate academic course materials into engaging and interactive content in the Virtual Learning Environment
- Develop the technology and methods/styles of delivery of courses in the most flexible and impactful way to ensure that learners remain engaged and courses see a positive retention rate
- Develop and apply assessments, surveys and questionnaires to make sure learning transfer takes place
- Provide technical support and system maintenance of the Virtual Learning website
- Liaise with third party providers of systems to ensure developments on track and effective systems in place
- Propose and implement ideas for continuous business improvements e.g. in ways of working, technical design and product and content development
- Experience creating multimedia content; editing and embedding audio and video technology
- Strong interpersonal, written and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video and audio to communicate and educate learners
- Conversant with website design and programmes
- Experience of using authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative, Word Press, Photo Shop
- Excellent written English
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Commitment to personal development in using the latest learning and digital technologies
- The ability to communicate effectively with external stakeholders as required
- Excellent technical and computer skills with a good understanding of MS Office 365 suite
- A creative approach, always looking to improve and develop ways of working
- Meticulous attention to detail
Ideally you will have previous experience working as an e-learning designer, instructional designer or learning technologist but this is not essential
Working in partnership with the HR Department Ltd to recruit the best talent.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.