Improvement and Development Manager opportunities
- Flexible Hours
We're pleased to offer a range of opportunities for an Improvement and Development Manager at Social Care Wales.
Moving away from the traditional application form, we'd like you to tell us about your areas of experience, your interests and why you're the right person for us.
We're looking to recruit managers in a range of specialist areas. We are open to short term opportunities, part time working, secondments and flexible working.
If you're interested in applying for these opportunities, please send us your CV with a covering letter evidencing how you meet the requirements in the job pack below. If you have skills and knowledge in more than one area, please reflect this in your CV.
We've also listed some of our current projects in these areas to give you a flavour of our work – these are listed in the job pack on our website.
This is your opportunity to tell us how you meet the expectations of the post and how your preferred working arrangements might look.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Amy.Locke@socialcare.wales The closing date is Sunday 14 July at midnight.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on 2, 7 and 8 August 2019.
We are looking for specialist to join us for the following fields:
- Early Years and Childcare
- Welsh Language and Working Bi-lingually
- Service and Organisational Improvement
- Leadership and Management
The specific knowledge, skills and experience we are seeking are detailed in the table below, alongside some of the types of initiatives the successful candidates could be involved in. On your covering letter please indicate which area(s) you are interested in being considered for.
We also expect a number of general skills and knowledge – these include
- Experience of programme/project management delivery
- Operational experience in social care, early years, health or wider public service sectors
- Experience of business planning processes including developing business cases
- Experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders to develop solutions
- Experience of and commitment to collaborative ways of working, both with internal and external professionals, as well as with those individuals needing support
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to present information verbally and in writing
- Manage and supervise human, financial and physical resources
- Be able to adopt a pragmatic approach to programme delivery and problem solving when necessary
- Experience of managing high level complex projects
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects to deliver business objectives and meet targets
- Experience of evaluating impact of areas of work
We will be looking for one of the appointees to have Welsh Language skills however this is not restricted to one particular specialist area.