Our team across the South East and Cambridge (SEACAM) region are looking for a Planning Analyst to join them, based in any of our offices in Cambridge, London, Surrey, Kent, Essex or Reading. Our drive is to provide the best possible content about living and working in the areas our websites cover. Analysing what our audiences want is key to our success in delivering for our readers.
The successful candidate will provide detailed analysis of audience behaviour, trends and habits of users to all our digital publishing platforms to ensure audience first content decisions are taken on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. You will be vital in helping the editorial team and the whole business to continuously innovate and change at the pace we need to be a successful media business.
This position will be based in any of the above offices, however would require the successful candidate to travel across all locations. For this reason, they would also be required to have a valid driving licence.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting of key digital analytics as determined by company strategy in a way which can prompt informed decision making on content.
- Research audience trends and habits around key content ideas to ensure content is produced around right search terms and in formats which drive greatest response.
- Provide social media analysis which allows the newsroom to target new users, key audience times and content themes.
- Identify and use third-party tools to review our performance against competitors, eg Hitwise.
- Plan, manage and maintain forward planning calendars based around audience activity and trends.
- Deliver performance reviews of content pillars (eg live news or what's on) and deliver action plans for improvement
- Present information at forward planning meetings attended by editorial senior team.
- Assist in general uploading, digital content creation and website management in line with established workflows or SLAs across brands as required.
- Undertake company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management.
- Ensure content is produced with the correct metadata at all times
The Ideal Candidate
- Enthusiasm and skills in working with web analytics and interpreting data in a digital environment
- Solid understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Solid understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- Ability to present well
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills and competent using spreadsheets
- Self-motivated and able to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Full UK driving licence
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.