Knowledge and Strategic Planning Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Knowledge and Strategic Planning Manager
Do you have experience of leading knowledge management activities that inform strategy and business development? Do questions such as ‘where will the education system be in 10 years and how can we best help the sector?’, ‘what do we need to do as an organisation to increase our impact and work winning?’, ‘what evidence gaps should we focus on filling?’, ‘how can we best position ourselves in a competitive landscape?’ float your boat? If so, read on.
This is a unique opportunity for a strategic thinker with a research, policy, or business intelligence background to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity.
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
About the Role
As NFER’s Knowledge and Strategic Planning Manager, you’ll design knowledge management processes, outputs and activities/workshops to support NFER’s business development and strategic planning amidst competition, policy and system change. You’ll support senior managers with strategic planning, business development and our education research work by monitoring the changing landscape within which NFER works and synthesising the information into useable insights and stimulus material for decision-making.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and implement environmental and horizon scanning processes
- Develop our existing competitor monitoring
- Support senior colleagues to understand the policy, research and market landscape and the threats and opportunities therein
- Design user-friendly knowledge management outputs
- Quality assure wide-ranging in-house knowledge management outputs
- Translate knowledge and data into useful, well-written briefings and events, facilitating in-house discussions around policy, evidence, business development, strategic planning and opportunities for visibility and impact.
- Experience in a knowledge management, insights or strategic planning role
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desk research skills with an ability to identify and exploit key, authoritative information sources on a given topic
- The ability to translate complex data and information into insightful briefings which support decision-making
- Experience of designing and facilitating strategic planning/decision-making meetings.
You’ll be great at this job, if you have:
- An eye for detail whilst maintaining a ‘big picture’ view and the ability to join the dots
- A creative approach and the ability to take on and shape new and unknown projects
- Good knowledge of government policy and current issues within education, employment, social policy or a closely related field
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked in roles such as Knowledge Manager, Policy Advisor, Strategic Planning Manager or Business Intelligence Manager.
- Attractive salary of £42,746 - £48,109
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours per week)
Located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, we offer a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40 and London Heathrow.
The closing date for applications is midnight 14th July 2019. Interviews due to be held on 17 and 18 July 2019.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as NFER’s Knowledge and Strategic Planning Manager, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.