We are looking for a Liverpool Football Club Correspondent to join the team at the Liverpool Echo. The successful candidate will be the go-to personality for LFC online, breaking stories and providing analysis for fans across all platforms.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Produce content around LFC which will appeal to and engage audiences
- Cover major stories and breaking news on LFC in a fast-paced digital environment
- Break exclusive stories and engage directly with the club
- Understand the issues which your club's supporters care about and create content accordingly
- Have a proactive approach to content production and promotion
- Work across video, podcasts and social media platforms to deliver content
- Attend matches and events of interest to your club's supporters, telling stories in a way that is optimised for online audiences
- Ensure that liverpoolecho is the fan's first port of call for LFC content
- Create and maintain contacts to source stories around your club to break exclusives lines, interviews and features on topics on and off the pitch
- Liaise with your fellow Club Correspondents to ensure we are providing a 360° perspective of our clubs and their stories
- Maintain strong relationships with club stakeholders, including fan groups and other third parties intrinsically connected to the club you cover
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team over ways to improve and innovate the site's output
- Use social media to engage with and build our audiences
- Use analytics and data intelligence to guide your own content production
Ensure all work at all times conforms to Reach Plc's policies and procedures
Act as a liverpoolecho ambassador in the relevant community
The Ideal Candidate
- A proven record of breaking stories
- A proven ability to build contacts and respect from fans and clubs alike
- A Reach Plc or equivalent journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience)
- Good understanding of digital publishing including experience of using web publishing systems, understanding of SEO, digital audience behaviour and analytics
- Great social media understanding
- Understanding of editorial strategy and brand values
- Awareness and understanding of how people use the internet to follow football news
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.