IT Service Centre Engineer Apprentice
Our Client is an international Wealth Management Firm with offices in 20 locations worldwide including Switzerland, USA and China. Their aim is to offer a fresh approach to wealth management.
This position is being created at an exciting time for the Firm as it has recently implemented a new technology strategy. The successful apprentice will also have the opportunity to not only get trained in a castle in Switzerland but be able to visit its office in Liechtenstein! As the public face of the IT Department, the IT Service Centre Engineer Apprentice position provides essential support not just to the business but to the entire IT team.
KEY DUTIES -
- Answering the Service Centre phone, responding to email enquiries and handling walk-up enquiries.
- Accurately logging incidents and service requests in the service management system.
- Triage, prioritisation and allocation of incidents and service requests to second and third line teams.
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
- Ensuring incidents and requests are continually up to date and being actively monitored and progressed through the system.
- Ensuring regular, clear communication on the status of incidents and requests with colleagues and the business.
- Assisting with the support and maintenance of workstations, laptops, mobile phones, video conferencing systems and printers in the office.
- Follow defined support policies and procedures.
- Managing complaints and escalations where appropriate.
- Escalating incidents and service requests as appropriate to ensure SLAs are met.
- Escalate issues that may impact service delivery to the IT Service Centre or IT Manager.
ABOUT YOU -
To be an IT Service Centre Engineer Apprentice you will need to be a tech enthusiast with 5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English.
This company are looking for someone with these skills and personal qualities.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong skills and demonstrable experience in using and supporting Windows 10 and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- General networking knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Active Directory and MS Exchange is considered beneficial
- ITIL v.3 Foundation qualification and working familiarity with ITIL service management practices
- Experience using a service management tool
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we will let you know if you are suitable for this position, or one of the other Apprenticeships we have available.
This 14-month Apprenticeship has a salary of GBP20,000 / GBP25,000 per year. You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of GBP52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.
AFTER THE APPRENTICESHIP
Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Apply now to Just IT and we will review your application. If you are suitable for an Apprenticeship we will be in contact to discuss this opportunity.