Senior Front End Engineer / Application Developer
Job Title: Senior Front End Engineer
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The Company is a digital services company improving people's lives through technology. Focusing on strategy, experience design, development and systems integration, their work is hinged on five key values: Transparency, Resilience, Problem-solving, Energy and Curiosity.
They are a 300+ strong global team, an AWS Advanced Tier Partner and one of the most recognised specialist enterprise mobility companies in the world and they are now looking for someone who's ready to take the next step in their career as a Technical Lead in London.
They work on exciting projects and we're looking for a Senior Android Engineer, who enjoys a challenge, to join them.
You'll work with talented and passionate people, who love what they do, in an informal, yet high energy office.
So, if you love technology, have a passion for innovation and thrive in a team-based environment then read on...
"Tell me More!"
The clients they partner with range from boutique to multinational, whose users span from employees in your local supermarket to vulnerable young adults.
You'll gain experience with industries from NGOs to Travel and have the opportunity to provide a meaningful voice in developing products that improve people's lives.
In recent projects, they created a Smart Cities platform using React and AWS's IoT products for SSE and also launched a pilot project for NIHR, the research arm of the NHS, which required AWS middleware and native Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) apps.
What experience/ skills do you need?
- Extensive experience as a Front End Engineer using Node or React
- Working knowledge of AWS or the desire to learn
- Practical experience writing highly maintainable code, leveraging techniques such as Unit Testing, CI/ CD and Code Reviews
- Experience translating business requirements into pragmatic solutions
- The confidence and passion to work in a client facing role, offering a consultative approach to development
- An understanding of best practices in securing data, in transit and at rest
- Experience advising on architectural choices and mentoring a team to execute those decisions
- Knowledge of Scrum or Kanban
- A solid history of constantly improving your own knowledge and skills
- Experience on a mobile platform is a bonus
What's in it for you?
- Empowerment - to be autonomous within a self-organising team that is passionate to deliver quality
- Professional Growth - they know you're happiest when you're learning new things, so you'll be given an annual allowance to spend on your professional growth such as attending a conference or taking a course. It's like a makeover for your mind!
- Collaboration - you'll work in a multi-disciplinary Agile team, forming a close relationship with clients
- Innovation - their monthly 'Transmogrification Day' allows them to take a break from client work to spend time playing with the latest tech and improving their tools and techniques
- Quality - ensure the quality of your teams work through pair programming, code reviews, unit tests and test automation
They value health and wellbeing by offering:
- The opportunity to work remotely when you need to
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as French lessons, learning to play an instrument or even a beer tasting course!
- Free Yoga and Bootcamp class weekly
- Spontaneous plank and stretch breaks
- Free fruit daily
Some of the other benefits they offer include:
- 25 days' holiday (in addition to all public holidays) and a bonus day for your birthday!
- £60 monthly mobile phone allowance
- Free lunch and drinks on a Friday
- Some pretty awesome social events, from Christmas & Summer parties to impromptu shows at the theatre
*They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at their company. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status*
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.