Assistant Category Manager
Your new company
A public sector organisation with a very strong reputation and a solid procurement team with many to learn from.
Your new role
The key duties for this role are as follows:
- Support the Head of Categories and the Category Managers in processing tendering requirements, dealing with queries and order placing
- Support administration for any procurement related projects or system related improvements, such as setting agendas, taking minutes and following up any actions.
- Process phone calls, emails and other general communications as and when required and taking prompt corrective action.
- Provide advice and support in all aspects of the category and updating information and potentially support other categories also.
- Support also projects for the Procurement Hub Team in University wide discussions in relation to financial administration processes
- In the absence of team members provide advice and support in aspects of procurement
- To support work on behalf of the Head of Categories or Category Managers as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be someone that is in the process of or interested in studying CIPS. You will have experience in managing tender events from end to end and working with preferably construction contracts or within the construction industry.
What you'll get in return
You will be hired by the organisation on a Fixed Term Contract until the end of December and paid a salary between GBPGBP26,000 - GBP33,000 depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.