Senior Procurement Officer - Council
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £36,511 - £41,263 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Tuesday 9th July 2019
The Council's Procurement Service is at the heart of a progressive Council, which is committed to serving the people and communities of Walsall. They are now seeking to recruit a number of highly motivated, committed, ambitious and experienced procurement professionals to fill a range of roles.
Their vacancies have arisen as a result of investment to expand the role of the procurement service to operate at a strategically, enabling the Council to put the right things in place to meet customer needs and outcomes, in a manner that reduces waste, maximises efficiency and delivers value for money and savings across the Council.
The Council is a great place to work and their workforce are proud to be there, understanding and respecting our values as an organisation whilst delivering effective and efficient services to residents every day. Their workforce strategy recognises that the success of the organisation depends upon attracting, developing and retaining talent and having the right infrastructure and rewards approach in place in order to do so.
If you are passionate about delivering high quality, customer focused procurement services and want to achieve great things in a supportive environment that offers opportunity and challenge in equal measure, this Council should be your employer of choice.
Working as an integral part of a team of experienced procurement and contract management specialists you will effectively develop and deliver cohesive procurement strategies, in partnership with a range of key stakeholders, strategically lead and manage a matrix of procurement programmes key stakeholders and staff to ensure successful delivery of procurement activities across a range of service areas/or categories.
You will provide sound advice and innovative procurement solutions that reduce waste, maximise efficiency, achieve best value in procurement and enable delivery of savings efficiency across the whole Council
- Extensive, significant experience of working in a senior lead procurement management role and successfully managing and delivering strategic procurement projects, in accordance with European Union (EU) Legislation and Public Contract Regulations as part of a cross functional team.
- Extensive knowledge of European Union (EU) public procurement directives and Public Contract Regulations, procurement best practice, social value, localism, sustainability in procurement and contracts, governance and risk management of major projects
- Experience of successfully negotiating on major strategic procurement projects and contracts
- Experience of producing and delivering complex strategic procurement work programmes and projects, on time, in a complex and challenging environment.
- An knowledge and understanding of project management tools and techniques
- A degree or equivalent and CIPS Level 4 Diploma (Industry Specific Qualification)
Walsall is a great place to work, with much to offer and extensive regeneration, having recently delivered a newly rebuilt hospital and college, development of the Walsall Waterfront offering new residential accommodation, hotels and leisure facilities and is seeing ongoing investment in its town centre and retail provision. As an employer they provide an attractive employment package that includes:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 28 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days, in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all their employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for their staff and customers - they aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities they serve
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Senior Procurement Advisor, Senior Purchaser, Procurement Manager, Purchasing, Senior Procurement Administrator, Senior Procurement Executive, Project Manager, Procurement Operations, Senior Buyer, Procurement Officer, Purchasing and Stock Coordinator, Stock Controller, Stock Purchaser, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Commercial Buyer, Commercial Purchaser, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Agent, Purchasing, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations may also be considered for this role.